22 ammo

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

oldcaster

Post by oldcaster »

My 22 bullseye guns consist of a Ruger Mark II, model 41 Smith, early High Standard Citation, Colt Woodsman, Benelli 95 and a Marvel. The only gun in the bunch that wouldn't for sure shoot x ring at 50 yards is the Marvel with Aguila, PMC, or Winchester Wildcat for that matter. The High Standard and Benelli shouldn't have high velocity ammo fired in them so the SV is necessary for them. All of the guns will run SV in them except the Colt. One of these guns would obviously be the winner if they were all tested and the best ammo in it might be the Tennex but they would all be so close that which gun an individual could shoot the best because of fit, grip slant, weight, trigger etc. is more important than which ammo. All of these guns will fire SV if they are worked on, but you need someone who is experienced in this endeavor to get it right (especially the 41). If you aren't that serious, High Velocity ammo would be fine, but be sure your gun can take it and is set up for it. -- Bill --
jps2486

Post by jps2486 »

I used RWS 50 for slow fire and CCI STD for timed and rapid in both my M41 and Hammerli 208s. Sometimes the M41 would stovepipe, so I put lighter recoil spring in it, then it was perfect. Springs are available from Champions Choice.
tarsgelertt20

Post by tarsgelertt20 »

All of the guns will run SV in them except the Colt. One of these guns would obviously be the winner if they were all tested and the best ammo in it might be the Tennex but they would all be so close that which gun an individual could shoot the best because of fit