Cant get the Scatt to Calibrate either???

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

KennyB

Post by KennyB »

I have found similar results but not as extreme - sometimes when I put the rifle down in the middle of a match and then recommence (making sure that the sensor isn't disturbed of course) I can find that the point of aim is now low in the 8 ring.

I have a theory which I will try and test later - I think the secret is just not to move around... I have the laptop set up in front of me so I can make changes without breaking position.

Ken.
tenring

Post by tenring »

I'm setup the same way. I can reach everything easily. When I shoot another calibration shot. It's always in the same exact spot.

tenring
tenring

Post by tenring »

Made a discovery. Makes perfect sense.

Working from a right triangle setup here. barrel, sensor...and target. Barrel is straight, sensor has a fixed angle, and distance to the target if course is variable. At only one specific distance would we make a perfect right triangle where the sensor and barrel would line up (center of calibration shot). Any other distance would make the Scatt unit cant sensitive. Assuming the sensor is on the bottom of the barrel. Too far and calibration shot would hit high, too close and calibration shot would hit low. So you need to find the distance that puts the calibration shot in the middle. Below the calibration shot will show the distance and then print the target size you need and shoot from there.

That should work. Now i'm going to try it.

tenring.
gstarik

Post by gstarik »

Tenring,
The calibration doesn't have to be in the middle. You should not have cant problems. I never had any. But,if you really want it to be in the center look if the sensor is parallel to the barrel.if not,put a shims on one side and make it parallel. I don't think it would do anything,but you can have a try.
Guy.
gstarik

Post by gstarik »

Tenring,
The calibration doesn't have to be in the middle. You should not have cant problems. I never had any. But,if you really want it to be in the center look if the sensor is parallel to the barrel.if not,put a shims on one side and make it parallel. I don't think it would do anything,but you can have a try.
Guy.
gstarik

Post by gstarik »

Tenring,
Guy.