What auto feeder has the best trigger

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
David Levene

Re: Pardini SP 22LR bolt variations

Post by David Levene »

PardiniUSA wrote:Here is picture with the three different models of the 22 bolt. The rapid fire is the lightest one with the main goal is to ensure foster cycling and les recoil. The conversion 22 is the heaviest. The conversion model is designed mainly for the US market and the bullseye event. The idea is to use one gun with same trigger and same scope and shoot the 22 and the center fire portion of the match. Since the slow fire is at 50 yard distance the heavy bolt is beneficial for better ballistics in a blow back guns.
From that, would I be correct in assuming that the .22 conversion bolt would not be as good as the Sport Pistol bolt for ISSF Standard Pistol.

Also I assume you think that the conversion bolt would be better than the normal Sport Pistol bolt for the ISSF 25m (Sport) Pistol event as that is all single shots.

Must this conversion be done on the HP frame or can it be done on the SP frame; are they the same?
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

Vladamir thanks for all the info. It's nice to see official participation in a forum from manufactures.
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

I'm also delighted to have another manufacturer taking an active role in the discussions here. I'm a Pardini fan myself, and never knew about some of the features/options described here.

Back to the original topic of triggers. My family has two Pardini SP's (one old, one new), and a Benelli MP90S. Both the Benelli & the Pardinis have very flexible mechanical trigger systems that can adjusted for a wide range of parameters & preferences. Both can be set up for either a long roll-over trigger, or a crisp breaking trigger. I think the adjustments on the Pardini trigger give a bit more flexibility than the Benelli. Once set, I've found both of them to be stable & reliable. All told, we've probably got 30,000 rounds through the three of them, so they have plenty of time to wear & breakdown (which they haven't).

I will say that adjusting the Pardini triggers is not necessarily simple. Several of the adjustments interact. I created some diagrams to help folks out, posted in this thread:

Pardini SP Mechanical Trigger Diagrams

I have electronic triggers on a Morini air pistol & free pistol. They work REALLY well. I'm an electrical engineer, and I'm not a fan of electrical triggers in semi-auto pistols. I work on aerospace & satellite systems, where absolute reliability is essential. The cost of doing that is prohibitive, and from what I've seen, the firearms companies haven't been making the necessary investment to get it right on the first (or second) try. I'm sure they will get the hang of it eventually, but given the problems folks had getting single shot electrical triggers working well, it may be a while. There will always be an issue with batteries, at least until they use an electromagnetic recoil damper to recharge them.
PardiniUSA

Re: Pardini SP 22LR bolt variations

Post by PardiniUSA »

David Levene wrote:
PardiniUSA wrote:Here is picture with the three different models of the 22 bolt. The rapid fire is the lightest one with the main goal is to ensure foster cycling and les recoil. The conversion 22 is the heaviest. The conversion model is designed mainly for the US market and the bullseye event. The idea is to use one gun with same trigger and same scope and shoot the 22 and the center fire portion of the match. Since the slow fire is at 50 yard distance the heavy bolt is beneficial for better ballistics in a blow back guns.
From that, would I be correct in assuming that the .22 conversion bolt would not be as good as the Sport Pistol bolt for ISSF Standard Pistol.

Also I assume you think that the conversion bolt would be better than the normal Sport Pistol bolt for the ISSF 25m (Sport) Pistol event as that is all single shots.

Must this conversion be done on the HP frame or can it be done on the SP frame; are they the same?
Hello David!

No, the conversion bolt will be good for Standard and Sport Pistol since the events are relatively slow :) compare to 5 shots in 5 targets in 4 second. But yes, it will be slow for the Rapid Fire event. Not that you cannot use it, it is simply not the best option.

The Sport Pistol has also a Rapid Fire (Duel) portion, but you have to make a single shot in 3 seconds which is practically double the time for the first shot in 4 seconds.

Again the conversion was designed to address the needs of the bullseye shooters and especially the 50 yard slow fire. You have plenty of time (10 minutes for 5 shots) and since the bolt is heavier it gives more energy to the bullet and better stability at the 50 yards.

You will have perfect results at the 25 m (yards) with any of the bolts.

Yes, the conversion has to be done on the HP (32) frame. the SP (22LR) frame cannot accept the heavy bolt for the 32 because of the width of the base of the finger pads and the stabilizer for the lighter bolts.

Vladimir Chichkov
Pardini USA LLC
www.PardiniGuns.com
www.PardiniGuns.com/store
info@pardiniguns.com
cell:1.813.748 3378
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Thanks for the clarification Vladimir.
Amanda4461

Pardini .380ACP HP

Post by Amanda4461 »

Vladimir,
I could not find the .32ACP version of the HP on your website. Does Larry's Guns carry them yet? I can't find it there either.
Sounds interesting.
Great pictures of the recoil system! I have a recently purchased SP New that I am comparing to my Benelli MP90s. Your pictures are indeed worth 1,000 words.
Thanks for getting involved with this forum and providing your expertise and information. Your information is helpful to folks new to Pardini. The pistols sell themselves, but we all like to tinker with them to suit personal preferences, and the owner's manual is a little limited in details.
By the way, the SP New does quite well at Metallic Silhouette. Maybe not what it was designed for, but it sure does knock down the little steel animals quickly.
Amanda
PardiniUSA

Post by PardiniUSA »

Hi Amanda!

Please note that this is not 380 ACP as you mentioned in the title of your post but .32ACP.

The 32ACP and the 32 - 22 conversion models were developed as a project initiated by Pardini USA. As such it was and still is offered exclusively by us. It turn out to be an interesting and successful product with a lot of interest. The next batch will be on the market mid September and it is prepaid almost entirely. We were surprised by the interest and still cannot answer the demand. We decide to pull the add downs until we can offer it with no waiting list. We hope that we will be able to do so in October.

We have a mailing list and anyone who is interested in updates for this or any other news can subscribe by sending an email to info@pardiniguns.com and put on the subject line and in the body of the email the words - mailing list. Folks, I forgot, please include in the body your First and Last or nick name and honorific (Mr., Mrs., Miss, Ms, Doctor, Sir, Jr., Esc, etc.)

Vladimir Chichkov
Pardini USA LLC
www.PardiniGuns.com
info@pardiniguns.com
1.813.748 3378
Last edited by PardiniUSA on Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jipe

Post by jipe »

Thanks Vladimir, this is very interesting information seldom found.

But it is mainly about the RF event where indeed the electronic trigger is a major advantage and for which Pardini has no competitor (Walther recently announced an electronic trigger version of the SSP but as far as I know it is not yet on the market and anyway didn't prove that it really works. Note also that making a reliable electronic trigger for a 5 shots RF pistol is much more difficult than for a single shot pistol).

Can you give us the same statistics for the women sport pistol event ?
Amanda4461

HP32ACP

Post by Amanda4461 »

Vladimir,
Thanks for catching my typo. I had just finished looking at a .380 when I typed it. I have requested to be included in the mailing list, and will wait until the .32ACP is in normal channels to purchase one.
Amanda
JamesH

.32ACP

Post by JamesH »

Yay, finally someone made a .32ACP
Rodgunner

Re: What auto feeder has the best trigger

Post by Rodgunner »

ttshooter wrote:I am taking a poll which auto feeder has the best trigger?
thanks
ghillieman

Post by ghillieman »

Pardini, I'm coming in this conversation late. I shoot an old don nygord sp and that thing is great. I tell people it feels like I'm cheating when I shoot it. Lot of people weren't sold on the advantages of that gun until I shot an 881. I've only been shooting BE for 3 years. The .32 acp and .22 combo gun is a great idea, I'm already trying to figure out how to finance one. You mentioned that several guns are designed specially for the American BE market. Please consider building a .45 based off the SP and HP frame. Same grip angle, same low bore axis, and a forward mag well so the grip won't have to accommodate the magazine. Thank you for your time.
JamesH

Post by JamesH »

ghillieman wrote:Pardini, I'm coming in this conversation late. I shoot an old don nygord sp and that thing is great. I tell people it feels like I'm cheating when I shoot it. Lot of people weren't sold on the advantages of that gun until I shot an 881. I've only been shooting BE for 3 years. The .32 acp and .22 combo gun is a great idea, I'm already trying to figure out how to finance one. You mentioned that several guns are designed specially for the American BE market. Please consider building a .45 based off the SP and HP frame. Same grip angle, same low bore axis, and a forward mag well so the grip won't have to accommodate the magazine. Thank you for your time.
They already make the GT-45, .45ACP is not going to work in blowback.
ghillieman

Post by ghillieman »

James the GT-45 does not have the same profile as the SP and HP, that is what I was looking for. I'm aware that the normal operating pressures of the .45 ACP are too high to be used in a small blow back action. But I didn't ask them to make a blow back action or a .45 ACP, only a 45 similar to the SP and HP models. However, thank you for the information.
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

No way that is going to work. And even if somebody tried, good luck to your elbow when that recoil comes straight back through your underarm.
PFribley

Autoloader

Post by PFribley »

Isn't it nice to hear from someone who really knows there product line!!!
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

What auto feeder has the best trigger?

To me it depends on the event being shot. Surely that should be part of the original question.
PardiniUSA

Trigger adjustment abilities for Pardini pistols

Post by PardiniUSA »

Hi guys!
I cannot tell which one autofeeder has the best trigger (OK I can but it will be bragging:) so I will just try to explain what can be done with the trigger adjustments of the Pardini pistols.
They are two types - SP and HP are the same and GT in 9 mm, 40 and 45 are the second group.
The SP/HP Mechanical triggers:
1. You can adjust the position of the trigger shoe based on 5 axis. Forward-Backwards; Left-Right; Left-Right Tilt; Rotation; Up and Down.
2. You can set your trigger as a Single or Double stage, with or without Free Play before the engagement of the stages..
3. You can adjust the Length of both stages
4. You can adjust the Weight of both stages
5. You can adjust the length of the Sear Engagement (Reset)
6. You can adjust the length of the Free Play
7. You can adjust the Over-travel and the position of the Trigger Stop.
SP/HP Electronic Trigger
The trigger is specifically designed for International Rapid fire where you shoot one shot in five separate targets, 25 meters away for a total time of 8, 6 or 4 seconds with ready position under 45 degree, not aiming at the target as in BE. To better serve the specific needs, the current version does not have adjustments for the Second stage. It has a fixed weight of about 400 grams and has no roll at all. All electronic triggers does not have sear engagement adjustments.
GT series (9mm, .40, .45ACP)
1. It has a fixed trigger shoe
2. It can be adjusted as Single or Double stage trigger
3. You can adjust the Free Play
4. You can adjust the Length of the stages
5. You can adjust the Weight of the Second stage
6. You can adjust the Over travel and the position of the Trigger Stop
7. You can adjust the Sear Engagement (the reset)
What are the advantages of the two stage trigger?
Here is how it works. For example the SP 22LR trigger pull has to be 1000 grams in international events (2lb in BE) the weight is shared by the two stages. Usually I will set the First stage to be about 750 grams and the Second stage to be about 300. During the lift of the pistol and positioning it in the aiming area I will take the first stage until I feel that the Second stage is engaging. When the aiming is done and the perfect alignment of the sights with the aiming zone is achieved the only wait that I have to pull will be the 300 grams for the Second stage instead of all 1000 grams. The two stage trigger allows me to have the same division of the weight for the final pull with every shot.
Hope that this will help.

Vladimir Chichkov
Pardini USA LLC
www.PardiniGuns.com
info@pardiniguns.com
call: 1.813.748 3378