Pardini SP RF Problem

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

You could also make a lap if the problem is from the whole back of the chamber getting bashed. Several years ago, a friend bought an aftermarket barrel for an S&W Model 41. It had a lot of extraction/ejection problems with the new barrel. Fortunately, S&W was willing to send me their chamber dimensions, and I made an expandable brass lap to match. I think I started with one of these:

http://www1.mscdirect.com/CGI/GSDRVSM?P ... 0155104020

The new chamber was only a few thousandths of an inch smaller than the minimum. I used abrasive paste to lap the chamber out to size, and then polished it with finer material afterward. All the reliability issues went away.
Thomas FRA

Post by Thomas FRA »

Hi all,

I use this gun. Before my championship of France I have the same problem of this 4th shot.

The importator in France have change the spring 712. No problem for the competition ! We must load the magazine without use the push of the magazine and before the load in the pistol, shake on the table the magazine.

Today after 500 shots the same problem. I have tried to "hard" the spring with a small piece of plastic.

I search spring too many harder than the spring of the importator.

Sorry for my very bad english. It's very difficults to speak in technical language.
I hope to help you.
Thomas
multifasciatus

Post by multifasciatus »

Hi

Im having the same problem with extraction in my SP22.
Changed mags,springs ,extractor,tried different ammo.
Firing pin ok.buffer in place.
Tryed a slide from a different sp22,all good .Powerfull extraction directly to the side vs mine that will throw the case erratic, seems like there is no punch to it.
Contacted the Norwegian importer ,he wanted the gun in for adjusting of extractor.Is it really not possible to just change the extractor and spring and expect it to function??
multifasciatus

Problem solved?

Post by multifasciatus »

Hi

Got a tip that the "adjustments " to the ectractor included a vise and a ball peen hammer.
I removed the extractor put it in the vise claw up,tapped the claw so that it now holds the round tighter .Tests (only 150 rounds) shows me mutch better extraction,cases eject directly to the right .
Crossing my finger this is it.At least now i got all the spent cases in a pile.
If only Pardini would make mags you could fit CCI std ammo in.
j-team

Re: Problem solved?

Post by j-team »

multifasciatus wrote:.
If only CCI would make their ammo the same length as everyone else.
natro77

Re: Pardini SP RF Problem

Post by natro77 »

I was wondering if you remember how your friend got on with the problem he was having with his Pardini jamming on the fourth case as it was trying to load the next bullet.
My gun has been doing this same thing just out of the blue.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Sorry, I can't remember, and it's several years since I last saw him.
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

Check out the following info on Pardini 4th round jams:

http://www.targettalk.org/viewtopic.php ... 91#p281191

and:

http://www.targettalk.org/viewtopic.php ... 49#p290849

First thing to try is to clean your magazines. It's fairly easy to test to see if the nose of the 5th round is interfering with the clean extraction of the 4th case, and you can also easily check the extractor grip by loading a round, removing the magazine, and then opening the bolt. If it drops the round, your extractor needs work. Hammering on it is tricky because they are hardened & can break. The problem is often that the hook doesn't swing in far enough. In one pistol, the hook didn't even touch the case.

Besides often needing a new spring, you can frequently fix the grip by carefully stoning the flat section behind the hook so it can swing in a bit further. You don't want to touch the hook, and I've found a 1/4" Norton FF324 fine half-round India stone works nicely. This stone is perfect for the job because the half round shape prevents it from damaging the point of the hook, and it is narrow enough to fit easily between the hook and the bump for the pivot pin.:
Stoning Extractor.jpg
Stoning Extractor.jpg (36.36 KiB) Viewed 2318 times
At some point, I will clean up my 11 pages of notes on Pardini SP extractor tuning so I can make them available in a tidy package, but most of the info is buried in the previous threads.
Dipnet

Post by Dipnet »

I shoot Aquila SV super extra in my Pardini SP BE, which is match accurate at 50 yards, albeit somewhat dirty compared to CCI, Wolf, SK, Eley, and so on. After I was into my second case of Aquila I began having an issue where the second round in a magazine would not feed (1st round fired and ejected correctly but the 2nd round was simply not picked up by bolt).

After the problem occurred, it was intermittent, but when it happened, it was about half way through a match. I initially thought it was a worn mag springs and replaced them, but later remembered that worn springs get stiffer (not softer). I realized that mag springs should not wear out for many tens of thousand rounds (still have original mag springs for 40-year old model 41 and many 45 acp mags). Also, cleaning mags with a dry lube did not alleviate problem.

One day while examining the follower's up and down motion using the button on side of mag, I noticed it was sticking just below the top position. Further inspection disclosed a little burr inside the mag along the slot milled into side of mag; this caused button to stick when dirty. Found same problem on second errant mag as well. A little filing removed the burrs and now mags function OK with all ammo. I though I'd pass this on. dipnet
gn303

Re: Problem solved?

Post by gn303 »

j-team wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:27 pm
multifasciatus wrote:.
If only CCI would make their ammo the same length as everyone else.
Indeed the length of the CCI ammo differs quite a lot. I used CCI in my Tesro. The first brick without a prolem. But I had this ammo laying around for a while. But the new cartridges didn't slide in the magazine. When measuring the length there were differences of up to 2 mm in length... and that was th cause of the feeding problem. RWS e.g. gave no problem.
smmhusm

Post by smmhusm »

Faced a similar situation where the barrel on a four year old very-well-maintained Pardini had to be replaced. This, I believe, is a manufacturing problem stemming from the use of improperly hardened steel. The bolt hammers the softer metal on the chamber, causing several problems.