FWB100

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Naimed1983

Post by Naimed1983 »

lastman wrote:Has anyone ever put one of these pistol in a ransom rest to see whether they are actually not able to shoot as well as the more modern pistol.

Results would be interesting.
I have an FWB100 and a Stery LP10e. My average with the Lp10e is 367 (40shots). Average for the FWB is about 345 for me. I just shoot the FWB for fun now, but it was my first serious airpistol. Its the best SSP around and technical there is almost no difference between the 103 and the 100 (upgraded grip, upgraded sights, other lever). I need to say that shooting the steyr is a whole lot different, its less forgiving if you make errors in the shooting process. But is everything goes well, the shots are more precise. The FWB is easier to learn, but hard to master. It takes a longer training time to reach higher scores in my opinion, but its just very fun to shoot. The built quality of the gun is high, but the paint is a bit weak. All in all, its a great pistol to train you skills before moving on to an more advanced and more expensive pistol.
Last edited by Naimed1983 on Wed May 12, 2010 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Naimed1983

Post by Naimed1983 »

lastman wrote:Has anyone ever put one of these pistol in a ransom rest to see whether they are actually not able to shoot as well as the more modern pistol.

Results would be interesting.
Ooh, i placed my FWB100 in a bench-rest a year ago; Its capable of shooting 10 shots in 1 hole. hole is just slightly (1or 2mm) bigger compared with the modern Steyr LP10. So the pistol is precise enough.
Rover

Post by Rover »

I also tested a K58 just to see what it was doing with different pellets.

Because of the difficulty with the cocking lever, I made up a simple jig that allowed the gun to be placed in the same position each time after cocking and moved the target rather than the gun.

RWS Hobby shot barely larger groups than Nygord pellets so I went with cheap. The gun was no better or worse than others I have tested.