"UNIQUE" Owners Check in

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
hmrgun

Unique Pistols

Post by hmrgun »

I did have the 69U listed on Guns America for a day or so, but got too many weird responces. I sold the gun here on TT to a nice guy that actually knew a lot about Unique pistols. He was adding it to his collection of Uniques. I think that I still have pics so I will try to post one. I also sold the 69 on here to a different party, also a great transaction.
Cliff
Attachments
DSC00415.JPG
DSC00400-1.jpg
Mass Shooter

Post by Mass Shooter »

Those are pristine examples of each the DES69 and DES96-U, very nice!

Thanks for sharing the photos

M.S.
Mass Shooter

Post by Mass Shooter »

I've been reading some of the international message forums using the language translation tab and read a comment from a shooter that UNIQUE dedicated the 2000 model DES96-U and treated the slide to a gold color (via Titanium Nitride) in honor of it being the .22 pistol that won a rimfire shooting event and had taken a gold medal in the 1996 Olympics in Atlanta. .... I've been trying to research that a bit but haven't come across any information to substantiate it. .... Interesting statement though. .... Can anyone find info. on this?

M.S.
Shooting Kiwi

Post by Shooting Kiwi »

Need manuals and other information on these beautiful pistols?

Google within the domain 'skivebom.com' for 'unique' and 'des' and model no. and specify '.pdf' for the file type.

Manuals are English / multilingual. Other interesting-looking info. isn't, but the pics are good, and you can get the drift... For all I know, there's something about spares availability (probably bad news!).
mausercat

Unique DES69

Post by mausercat »

I have a DES69. I bought it about 5 years ago. I like to collect different types of 22 target guns and I love this "Unique" pistol. It is the only french gun I have ever owned. It shoots well. I have the case and all of the Manuals for it.
Mass Shooter

Re: Unique DES69

Post by Mass Shooter »

mausercat wrote:I have a DES69. I bought it about 5 years ago. I like to collect different types of 22 target guns and I love this "Unique" pistol. It is the only french gun I have ever owned. It shoots well. I have the case and all of the Manuals for it.
Cool! If possible post up a photo.
Does your 69 have the straight wood grips or does it have the checkered pattern? Frosted blued surface or high luster blued surface? 10 shot magazines or 5 shot magazines?

Do you shoot it with iron sights or is it setup with a dot sight?

Regards,

M.S.
Mark Briggs

Post by Mark Briggs »

Feedback here for shooters of DES/32-U pistols...

1) Grip... The grips are interchangeable between DES/69 and DES/32. I purchased a Rink DES/69 grip and it fits perfectly on my DES/32-U pistol. I asked Morini if their DES/69 grip would fit a DES/32 - they had no idea if it would!

2) Barrel Weight - as mentioned in an earlier post, I applied Loctite 242 to the two grub screws which secure the counterweight to the barrel. After about 500 rounds of target-grade .32's, the counterweight has not moved.

I like the pistol but really wish the brass catcher would actually catch some brass. My empty cartridges generally end up hitting the ground between 10 & 15 feet forward of the firing point. I think it's time for me to make a new brass catcher using a mesh material for the bag. I currently am using an old sock as the bag but it's too stiff, as was the leather bag on the original-equipment brass catcher.
TB

Post by TB »

TB wrote:I just bought a DES/32-U. I did not see or try it, but seller insisted it was in good condition. Maybe a bit risky, but at the price of €266 I was willing to take the chance. It is from the national millitary team who recently replaced all their guns. Next week he will recieve some of the most common spare parts, so I will then add firingpin, recoil springs and hopefully a spare mag to the order.
Just recieved it today and it looks nice
Attachments
Unique 5 small[1].JPG
Unique 2 small.jpg
The biggest flaw regarding the DES32 is that in the original design the recoil spring is too week resulting in cracked frames. Here this issue is solved by adding an additional spring.
The biggest flaw regarding the DES32 is that in the original design the recoil spring is too week resulting in cracked frames. Here this issue is solved by adding an additional spring.
Unique 1 small.jpg (37.34 KiB) Viewed 9669 times
dtb

Post by dtb »

I bought a DES 69 5 years ago for my wife for she has small hands.
The gun has never missed a beat, she has now given up shooting so I decided to see if I could use it. My hands are large and to make matters worse I'm left handed, I have tried unsuccessfully to get a LHG grip in Australia so I'm shootimg with a bandage wrapped around the grip.
Surprisingly the gun is very accurate but a proper grip would be nice
So if there's someone that has a LHG laying about let me know.

dtb
TB

Post by TB »

Went out shooting with my DES/32-U for the first time last night. It shoots very nicely and I am very impressed with the trigger. The chamber aparently is a little worn since the brass comes out a little bended, so I guess reloading is out of the question.
darrell

re 32u

Post by darrell »

i also have a 32u and was also worred about craked frames is the extra sping an origional or just a springthat will fit over the other and do you think it will rearly help ?
TB

Re: re 32u

Post by TB »

darrell wrote:i also have a 32u and was also worred about craked frames is the extra sping an origional or just a springthat will fit over the other and do you think it will rearly help ?
The extra spring is not original but is fittet over the original to prevent the slide from cracking. I am pretty sure it helps, they did it with all the 32u's on the Danisk military national team and I know of others who have done it as well. My one it pretty old cansidering the serial number and have been shooting a lot it seems from the worn out chamber and nothing has cracked on it.

Post by Guest »

By looking at this picture:

I see some resemblance in the frame and slide of that Unique pistol to those of the Feinwerkbau AW93. Thus, I'm wondering whether those two guns ever had a point in common. Like both being developed from a certain original design, etc. Or is it just coincidence?
TB

Post by TB »

Aparrently this gun smith bought all remaining parts and machines when Unique closed http://www.unique-fmr.com/a-lepoque-de-unique.html Too bad there is no contact info except for a phone number.
darrell

Post by darrell »

I have one more question i have 2 guns one 22 and a 32, they both have less than 5000 through them and in very good condition ,though when i take them apart i can not seem to get the pins out ether slide? The front plate the pin fires through will not move ,ihave tryed to puch in the pin befor moving the small plat but with no sucsses im i doing somthing wrong or are these peases blocked ? Thanks , Darrell
darrell

Post by darrell »

darrell wrote:I have one more question i have 2 guns one 22 and a 32, they both have less than 5000 through them and in very good condition ,though when i take them apart i can not seem to get the pins out ether slide? The front plate the pin fires through will not move ,ihave tryed to puch in the pin befor moving the small plat but with no sucsses im i doing somthing wrong or are these peases blocked ? Thanks , Darrell
TB

Brand new DES/69-U

Post by TB »

Tjeck this out, a brand new DES/69-U

http://huntershouse.dk/kat154-Unique/

For your information 14500 DKK is equal to $2735 or €1933, Crazy!
biggles1024

Post by biggles1024 »

G'day,

I've been lurking in this forum for a while, so today I've decided its time to post.

I own two Uniques, a DES-69/U and a DES-32/U. Both were purchased from a deceased estate.

Both are fitted with medium size grips which are too small for me but the cost of a new grip in Australia, is around or just over AUD$300.00 and as both pistols are worth only AUD$500.00 to AUD$600.00, I couldn't justify new grips.

This left me with quite a conundrum but by reading this thread, I've discovered that the grips on my two pistols are interchangeable :) so I've taken the plunge and have ordered a laminated Rink grip. It will be sent from Germany on 31 March.

Sharing the one grip between the two pistols effectively halves the cost of the grip, so I can justify spending the money to myself. Its certainly a more cost effective solution than buying two new pistols. <vbg>

I shoot Standard Pistol and Centre Fire with these pistols and have been 'threatening' to also shoot Rapid Fire, but haven't gotten around to it yet.
Free Pistol and Air Pistol are really what I'm into and I have don't have the time needed to train to be good at everything. :)

Cheers,

Mark.
lightguy

Post by lightguy »

Just bought an 823.
Has an extra small right hand grip.
Know where there are extra mags ?
Mass Shooter

Post by Mass Shooter »

lightguy wrote:Just bought an 823.
Has an extra small right hand grip.
Know where there are extra mags ?
Was that the one on Gun Broker a few weeks back?

Magazines are incredibly scarce unless you find another complete 823 and it comes with a set of mags. I'm not sure if the 823 model is compatible with the DES2000 or V079 Rapid-fire models (each are chambered in .22 short)
Lots of web searches and forum communications are sometimes helpful.

Congrats on the 823 and let us know how it shoots

M.S.