Pardini SP1 RF doubling solution?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
IPshooter

Post by IPshooter »

_trinity_ wrote:Let us know what you find, because my SP1 is set to a 2 stage trigger, with over travel. But as I said, the Pardini folks were able to adjust it somehow to make it not double fire. Only I don't know what they did so as soon as I modified the settings, the problem came back.
Trinity,

Your post is interesting because you are the second SP1 owner who has told me that Pardini (or a Pardini rep) has adjusted their pistol and stopped the doubling. But, why is what they've done such a big secret?

It would seem, to me, that a company would want their customers to know how to set up a product correctly so it would operate as expected. I would think that approach would only enhance sales of it. Instead, we have owners guessing about what to do to solve this problem, and if nothing else, the frustration will continue to grow.

Beats me. But, I will test the trigger stop and let everyone know if it seems to make any difference.

BTW, when they adjusted your trigger and got it working correctly, did they leave it with overtravel? If so, then my test will probably not make any difference.

Stan
IPshooter

Post by IPshooter »

I tested the SP1 RF trigger again with the overtravel stop set at various levels of closeness. Having it set very close to the trigger point does seem to reduce the tendency to "wiggle", but if you work at it, you can still get a double click. It is not as likely as with a lot of overtravel, but still possible. My guess is with the stop set close, the finger is somewhat "pinned" to a definite stop. All that remains then is a clean release and re-pull.

Also, David, I did check my Morini 162EI, and yes, I can get a double click out of it. But, it is very difficult to do so.

Stan
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

I think it really depends on your trigger finger. My right hand can't get a double click out of a Morini trigger by the life of it, but left handed I can make it double, triple or quadruple all night long... slower finger, obviously.
tenex

Post by tenex »

I would think the Pardini trigger needs to be a different design with some hysteresis, it doesn't really matter if your Morini doubles...

Steve.
trinity

Post by trinity »

Tycho wrote:I think it really depends on your trigger finger. My right hand can't get a double click out of a Morini trigger by the life of it, but left handed I can make it double, triple or quadruple all night long... slower finger, obviously.
A coach/athlete here in China I was talking to made an observation that if you look at the way your muscles work at the microscopic time scale, you aren't linearly increasing trigger pressure. You are actually increasing pressure, then letting go a little, then increasing a little, and so on, in this sort of zig-zag manner.

As such, maybe it isn't even the recoil that is setting off the second shot, or at least not the recoil alone that is doing it. If the speed at which you pull the trigger, and the way your muscles fire, just happens so that the dip in between the zig-zags dips low enough, then it will double. But for some people who pull the trigger faster, or maybe the dip in between the zig-zags don't come low enough, then it won't double.

-trinity