Trade in a FWB P44 for a Morini 162EI/MI...good idea?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
caltexel

Post by caltexel »

I bought a Daisy/Avanti 753 back some months ago when I was just "trying" this air gun thing out for myself (I should have known there was no turning back once you pull the trigger on one of these). I did not like the fact that the barrel weight had some gouge out of the box. I called their customer service and was fully prepared myself for a long hold/talk.

To my surprise, a HUMAN- I thought human had been extinct on the other side of the line - answered the phone within first few rings. I told her about what I thought about the barrel weight and all she said was "I am really sorry about that. What model it is for and what address should I ship you a new one?"

Yeah, right... like I were going to believe that?! It was just way too easy... A few days later, I received a new barrel weight WITH a front sight. She did not even ask me for proof of purchase!

Another toy guns company: different attitude...
caltexel

Post by caltexel »

pilkguns in Anniston wrote:Not sure 100%... but we should have most sizes of FWB grips in stock, perhaps we could swap with you for a reasonable fee.
Hi Pilkguns, what is the chance that you have a "S" grip to swap with me? My dead line for return is closing. If you don't have any, I will just have to return it to the seller. Thanks.
jacques b gros

Post by jacques b gros »

This afternoon (in Brasil) I called Beeman's. After being put on hold, called again and said that was calling from Brazil, that I had records showing more than half hour connections and that the vendor of my pistol also spent half hour on hold.

What should I do? Call Herr Knepl in Germany? Got thru to someone, told them that on Monday someone said that they did have 3 medium grips. Turns out they never had a medium or small grip. All their pistols are sold with large grips and they have no grips without pistols.

I was then told that my vendor did order the grip for me, that it would take some 30 days to get there, and that they did order some spare grips.

So, those that are in the same hole I'm in should try to get them exchange the grips. In USA it will not be a problem. I'll need a IIC, or a Intl. Import Certificate, since a grip is part of a gun, therefore under army control, believe it or not.
jipe

Post by jipe »

If you need to order/pay a new grip, you should consider to buy a Rink grip instead of the original FWB.

Rink grips are much better and have much more parameters that allow you to tune the grip to your needs for the same price as a FWB grip.
jacques b gros

Post by jacques b gros »

jipe wrote:If you need to order/pay a new grip, you should consider to buy a Rink grip instead of the original FWB.

Rink grips are much better and have much more parameters that allow you to tune the grip to your needs for the same price as a FWB grip.
Air guns of AZ is exchanging the grip for me. On your suggestion I'll talk to them about that.

Thanks
caltexel

Post by caltexel »

jipe wrote:If you need to order/pay a new grip, you should consider to buy a Rink grip instead of the original FWB.
That is what I think too. Thanks for confirming that Rink is a better choice. However, I try not to over-reach on equipment (=money) before even firing the first shot on a pre-charge, the kind of AP which I have no experience of. The closest thing I ever owned is a IZH-46M.

I will see if I can Have the grip swapped. If I have to return the P44, I probably will re-buy a Steyr LP-10 instead (even at $200 to $300 more currently.) I don't see the point that supporting (with our money) a company/distributor which don't support/listen to their customers.
Last edited by caltexel on Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
caltexel

Post by caltexel »

jacques b gros wrote:Air guns of AZ is exchanging the grip for me. On your suggestion I'll talk to them about that. Thanks
If they are dealing with Beeman, they may not doing much better than ourselves, and I doubt that AoA would push them much either. After all, customers relationship ends as soon as we pay up, right?! I was not even their customer to start with.

The vendor I bought my P44 from is, I believe, a lot bigger (=leverage) than AoA, but they would rather give up my $3500+ order (a P44 and a 103) instead of even trying to talk to Beeman. You can figure out what it would be like.

I do appreciate your offer. If you would be kind enough to let me know your outcome, I can then know what to expect talking to AoA.

Thanks a lot.
jipe

Post by jipe »

caltexel wrote:
That is what I think too. Thanks for confirming that Rink is a better choice. However, I try not to over-reach on equipment (=money) before even firing the first shot on a pre-charge,
in many cases it is not over-reach because:
- many match pistol can be bougth without grip
- the price of a Rink grip is similar to the price of the original grip

=> a new match pistol can often be bougth for the same price with a Rink grip as with the original grip.
caltexel

Post by caltexel »

jipe wrote:in many cases it is not over-reach because:
- many match pistol can be bougth without grip
What I meant by "over-reach" was paying for the grip that comes with but doesn't fit, and then buying an after-market grip that fits. This is totally not making sense to me.

I think if a manufacturer would not provide a reasonable out-of-box fit for such a specialized product, they should not be in this market at all. In FWB's case, they do have different sizes, just the importer doesn't care.

I would appreciate that if you can tell me what brands and sellers would sell pistols and grips separately (that should be the way a high-end sporting equipments be sold in the first place.) I would definitely put them on top of my re-buy list.

Thanks.
jipe

Post by jipe »

One first remark: all grips of top match pistols (Steyr, Morini, Anschutz, FWB, Walther, Pardini...) are very good... but do not necessarily fit for your hand.

The Rink grips are excellent grips but in general not better than a Morini.

Th big advantage of the Rink compared to any other brand is that there are much more parameters that you can select when you order your grip and these parameters allow you to "tune" the grip to your hand so that it will better fit to it. This is for the standard grips. Rink makes also custom grips but you either must go to their place in Germany either meet Thomas Rink on a shooting event (he typically goes to the WC events in Europe).

About the brands that sells pistols without grips, those I know:
- Steyr.
- Morini (I bougth my CM22M RM without grip)
- Pardini (AP and 22LR psitols)
- Walther (AP, GSP, SSP).
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

Personally I don't think there is a "Best Grip" the best grip is the one that fits you, be it a Morini, Rink, Nills or Walther, ect.
jacques b gros

Post by jacques b gros »

Richard H wrote:Personally I don't think there is a "Best Grip" the best grip is the one that fits you, be it a Morini, Rink, Nills or Walther, ect.
And that's it!
jacques b gros

Post by jacques b gros »

Solved the grip problem! Swaped the FWB for a Anchutz LP@ almost new, with a small grip. All incountry, no tax dodging.