Options for .32

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
BlueMG2

Post by BlueMG2 »

Tycho,

Have you received your MG4 yet? I've had positive experience with my MG2 and now thinking about centrefire pistol, I am considering MG4.

Sergio
Tycho (not at home)

Post by Tycho (not at home) »

According to Matchguns, it should be delivered next month - looking forward to it - heard good things from people who handled it dry, so it's got only to work :-)
BlueMG2

Post by BlueMG2 »

I spoke to the local dealer, he has already sold 3 of them, without any deliveries taking place yet. He should have first guns arriving later in Sept, maybe early Oct. I am deliberating between MG4 and Pardini HP, not going to make any decision yet, will wait some months and see. Really inclined towards MG4 though :)
Bruce Martindale

Post by Bruce Martindale »

No comments on barrel diameter and twist variations ?

Is it possible that they standardized finally ???

I have what I think is a 1 in 14.5 in late model no Expert Walther.

Has a 0.314 in barrel but still hard to shoot well mostly from trigger quality.

I cant determine if it is design or "useability"

Playing with stage balance but it still seems fussy to shoot well; kind of like a Smith 52!

What did I do to myself again?

regards
TB

Post by TB »

The MG4 is now for sale in Denmark. To my surprice it is more expensive than the Pardini HP. Has anyone tried the MG4 yet?
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

My one's in the mail from Italy. From what I've heard from Stefano, I'm cautiously optimistic - I think they've learned a lot from the MG2 rollout...
herman

Post by herman »

Tycho

did you already reive your mg4
and if so how does it shoot

rgds
Herman
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Hey, don't get impatient - we're talking about Italian mail here ;-) I'll let everybody know as soon as it gets here...
jipe

Post by jipe »

Tycho wrote:Hey, don't get impatient - we're talking about Italian mail here ;-) I'll let everybody know as soon as it gets here...
Is it already shipped or still at Matchgun ?
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Shipped
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Tycho wrote:Hey, don't get impatient - we're talking about Italian mail here ;-)
It hasn't improved then. I remember guns being held up for months back in the 1980s. Spares were just as bad.
jipe

Post by jipe »

David Levene wrote:
Tycho wrote:Hey, don't get impatient - we're talking about Italian mail here ;-)
It hasn't improved then. I remember guns being held up for months back in the 1980s. Spares were just as bad.
It seems that Tycho is in Switzerland = outside EU.

I know from experience that getting guns part from Switzerland (Morini for instance) inside EU takes much more time than between EU countries.

Its pretty stupid: try to get a O-ring mentioning that its for an air pistol and you will have a lot of paperwork, import licence... to do. Just buy a O-ring without mentioning what it is meant for, and its OK !

And also Italy isn't the easiest EU country for guns regulation...
El Impatio

don´t take that for granted...

Post by El Impatio »

Tycho wrote:Shipped
I am in serious doubt about that.
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Well, we live in a free world, so feel free to doubt. Personally, I believe in tracking numbers...
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

It arrived. Looks good. Will post review as soon as tested.
jipe

Post by jipe »

Tycho wrote:It arrived. Looks good. Will post review as soon as tested.
Some pictures may be ?
El Impatio

Post by El Impatio »

Congratulations. (You were right...)
My dealer told they were badly backordered. I have to wait a few months to get mine.
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Ok, you want a pic, you get one - sorry for the quality, made by iphone in my office. Looks a bit larger than a MG2, slide cover is thicker, the slide is substantially heavier. Grip / trigger / rear sight position seems pretty much identical, though.
Attachments
photo.jpg
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

El Impatio wrote:
Congratulations. (You were right...)
My dealer told they were badly backordered. I have to wait a few months to get mine.
Dealer's have habits of telling stories that make them not look like they have any part in any problem. not saying that is the case with yours but its worth considering. sometimes they just don't want to do small orders and will wait for a larger drop shipment, blaming it on the manufacture while really they just don't want to pay the extra shipping or do the extra paper work.
Mark Briggs

Post by Mark Briggs »

Thanks for posting the picture. I'm curious about the slide as it looks like it's just had two slabs of steel bolted to a standard MG-2 slide. I wonder if that weight is required for reliable functioning, or if it's just on there for balance?