Unknown FWB

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
jipe

Re: CO2...Oh Boy.....

Post by jipe »

paw080 wrote: Then again I really liked shooting Fabrice Maurel's Anchutz LP&& last month...I think I like it better than the LP10...
I suppose you are talking of the Anschutz LP@.

This pistol is essentially the same as the LP10: identical frame (so same trigger, rear sights, same loading, same firing mechanism with the Steyr recoil absorber...).

The only differences are:
- the shape of the grip that then can better fit to some people, other prefering the Steyr grip
- the barrel and the compensator. On the recent LP@, the barrel has the 3 ports like the LP10.
- the additionnal weigths come on a rod under the cylinder instead of on the side of the barrel cover (there is no barrel cover on the LP@)
- the trigger blade is the previous model used on the LP10

The shooting feeling obtained with the LP@ and LP10 are essentially the same.
paw080

Hi Jipe

Post by paw080 »

Yes, it probably was the grip that flavored my impression.
Tony
JoeG

Value....

Post by JoeG »

At this point in time I don't consider a CO2 match pistol purchase a problem when it comes to holding it's value. Prices for a second hand CO2 pistol have been fairly consistent over the last few years. Obviously you will be paying a good deal less for a used CO2 pistol than for a new or used CA model. The price range on most CO2 pistols has been generally in the area of $400 - $550 with just a couple of models (ie, Steyr LP-1C) commanding higher prices. To get the type of quality these guns possess at this kind of price represents a very good deal. With this being the case you really do not risk much possible loss of value should you decide to sell. I have a number of CO2 match pistols that I have purchased over the last six years and I do not think I would lose money should I decide any one of them. Actually on some of them I would be able to make a profit although the collector in me doesn't allow me to sell too often. I do shoot CA in competition but have certainly shot similar scores with CO2. A CO2 gun can be a great stepping stone or a plateau to stay with. They certainly give a lot for the money. Joe G.
Last edited by JoeG on Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JoeG

PS......

Post by JoeG »

Amongst my CO2 match pistols I do have a FWB C-25 as pictured earlier in the thread. I have shot some very nice scoring targets with it. The balance for me feels good with the vertical tank helping to lower the center of gravity for the gun and adding stability. Joe G.
haemis762

!

Post by haemis762 »

Can you still get a compensator to fit this FWB or even an aftermarket on. I have built my own, but i am not really sure how that compares to a specifically made one.

Cheers Haemish
jipe

Re: !

Post by jipe »

haemis762 wrote:Can you still get a compensator to fit this FWB
When the C25 was on the market, it was sold separately. May be you can try to contact FWB or our host Plikguns ?