What ever happened to?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Steve Swartz

Post by Steve Swartz »

Jeeze Bill you keep resurrecting these older threads like zombies! Good stuff though- to your point, I think you will find a lot of us ascribe to the "think happy thoughts" model.

More than that- always describe your goals (and even faults) as a statement of the positive things you SHOULD be doing, and never in terms of things to avoid.

For example, "keep the sights aligned while smoothly increasing trigger pressure" might mean the same thing as "don't allow sloppy alignment, and don't stop trigger pressure" but the results will sure be different . . .

Steve
Fozzy357

Post by Fozzy357 »

Steve!
Keep up the good work.
As a former national team shooter, I have to say you have many valid points.

Post by Guest »

National Team? I thought he was on the "development" team.
Steve Swartz

Post by Steve Swartz »

"As a xxx . . . , I yyy . . . " indicates that Fozzy was referring to himself.

Not sure how that matters anyhow.

The whole "pedigree" or "halo effect" thing continues to puzzle me . . . perhaps it's a "North American" vs. "European" thing? Perhaps more individual than cultural. Seems related (at least conceptually) to a elitism?

"Only the well-born are endowed with virtue" (Camus?).

"Only the medal winners have knowledge" (Target Talk).

Personally, I have found discussions with struggling shooters to be frequently more enlightening than Words From The Holy Above . . .

Steve Swartz
Fozzy357

Post by Fozzy357 »

Seems like there is a lot of negative vibes going on, just be happy. I am, and I just refound the joy of shooting after 20 years.
Steve Swartz

Post by Steve Swartz »

No worries . . . every year or so we get minor tempest of poster(s) who like to kick the entertatinment level up a bit by posting as several different people; as anonymous alter egos so to speak. Just the "price of doing business" in a public forum.

Hang in there and it will pass. Some of us make the mistake of "engaging" when it happens.

I apologize for contributing to the noise.

Steve Swartz