Worst gun?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Which gun is/was worst gun?

FWB AW 93
7%
Hammerli SP 20/SP 20 RRS
16%
MatchGuns MG2/MG2E
25%
Morini CM22/CM22 RF
5%
Morini 102E
11%
Pardini SP1/SP1 RF
5%
Pardini SP/SP RF
2%
Walther/Baikal
20%
Walther GSP (post 1983)/Expert
9%

Total votes: 44

Richard H

Post by Richard H »

I'm glad you took this opportunity to enlighten the open minded with your close minded diatribes. We all look forward to them.

What exactly is it you like to shoot, please let us know what pistol you like and why.
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

I have asked this question several times in the past Richard, and the MG-2 guest refuses to provide proof of ownership of the pistol he is so highly critical of. A warning to any other of the "open minded" crowd that enjoy this forum......MG2 owner is a troll, with no credibility, and his random posts should be discarded as a computer virus would.
P. Bohlin

Post by P. Bohlin »

Ask Mr M.Andersson of Njurunda, Sweden, what he thinks of the MG2. He came in third in the Swedish Championship of 2007 with an AW93. He started with a MG2 that broke, was supplied with another MG2 from the Swedish agent (who was on site) that also broke, and then borrowed an AW93 to finish the competition with.
MG2-owner

A qualified candidate to "Society of troubled MG2 Owner

Post by MG2-owner »

P. Bohlin wrote:Ask Mr M.Andersson of Njurunda, Sweden, what he thinks of the MG2. He came in third in the Swedish Championship of 2007 with an AW93. He started with a MG2 that broke, was supplied with another MG2 from the Swedish agent (who was on site) that also broke, and then borrowed an AW93 to finish the competition with.
Thanks a lot, "P. Bolin" for bringing us this case study from the real world of MG2 (trouble)shooting. Which differs just a litle bit from the MG2-world "deadeyedick" is bringing to us....

P.S. Mr. P.Bolin: may I ask you to bring a link to the scorecard for your contries 2007 nationals, if available?
Thank you.
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

I love statistics based on large numbers... would you mind very much to state what pistol you think is adequate? Just so that I can state at least three stories of where one of that type fell apart...

Post by Guest »

Tycho wrote:I love statistics based on large numbers... would you mind very much to state what pistol you think is adequate? Just so that I can state at least three stories of where one of that type fell apart...
Two pistols in one match? To the same shooter?
Good luck on that one.
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

No problemo - just think of the early Pardini electronic trigger experiments...
j-team

Post by j-team »

Tycho wrote:No problemo - just think of the early Pardini electronic trigger experiments...
Yes.

Best pistol I've owned: Pardini SP mechanical

Worst pistol I've owned: Pardini SP electronic
P. Bohlin

Post by P. Bohlin »

I've got to learn not to post at 5 in the morning...

Mr Andersson came 18th, not third in the swedish finale of 25 metre standard pistol in 2007. He won the 25 metre center-fire pistol event of 2007, and came fifth in the 25 metre standard pistol of 2008. Other than that, the thing about the MG2s he used in 2007 is correct.

Here is the link to the 2007 standard pistol results: http://www.frovilindesbergps.nu/SM07standard.xls
MG-2-owner

Post by MG-2-owner »

P. Bohlin wrote:I've got to learn not to post at 5 in the morning...

Mr Andersson came 18th, not third in the swedish finale of 25 metre standard pistol in 2007. He won the 25 metre center-fire pistol event of 2007, and came fifth in the 25 metre standard pistol of 2008. Other than that, the thing about the MG2s he used in 2007 is correct.

Here is the link to the 2007 standard pistol results: http://www.frovilindesbergps.nu/SM07standard.xls
550 pts in in the nationals, with a borrowed, unfamiliar, gun? Not bad.

At nr 24 of the same score list, I recognized a familiar family name: Johan Stenmark, Upsala Ssk 178 - 184 - 182 = 544
(Note, this gud did better in the rapid 10 sec strings, than in slow fire (!)

I remember Ingemar Stenmark, the greatest (alpine) skier of all times, 86 World Cup victories. ( One italian, the great Alberto Tomba, was my favorite...)
Is Johan related to Ingemar? (Off topic, but..:-)
julioalperi

Prayers needed

Post by julioalperi »

Thanks very much everyone. Really appreciate the prayers and the power they have. Thanks to all who read my post even though had no words to say. Words don´t come easy, I know.
Specially to:
Deadeyedick
Tom. A
Richard H
Mike M
MG2-owner
And all who sent me private messages which be answered .
Julio
julioalperi

For Brina

Post by julioalperi »

Results are not easy to find when they are hiden in PDF files and have to do the search in french.
But here you have two of them from the "fédération française de tir olympique"

Julio
MG2-owner

Neutral starting point

Post by MG2-owner »

Thanks, "Julialpeiro", for bringing the score lists. The lists do, of course, not give any notes about which gun used by any specific participant. But I´ll take your info about the MG2 doing well for granted. I am glad to learn about positive real life experiences involving the MG2.

From a starting point, I am neutral to the MG2. And I wish all owners at some point in the future will have well operating, reliable guns. Some time in the future that may be.

I welcome more inputs from the MG2s real life behavior. Posive as well as less positive. Whatever may come.

An I hope you are able to forgive me for becoming a bit pissed off when I read the statement in this thread: "All owners are happy with the MG2 now".
In the real world, more owners of MG2s are still less happy.
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Well, from what I read here, I'd say that most owners who tried to solve their problems with Matchguns have received good service and are now in possession of a functional gun. Those who spend their days bein pissed off and pissing off other people will probably need a bit more time to get there.

Post by 556 »

Tycho wrote:Well, from what I read here, I'd say that most owners who tried to solve their problems with Matchguns . . . are now in possession of a functional gun.
Like these two: an experienced marksman, and, even the swedish agent for MG2, too:- referred to above by "Bolin";

"Ask Mr M.Andersson of Njurunda, Sweden, what he thinks of the MG2. He came in third in the Swedish Championship of 2007 with an AW93. He started with a MG2 that broke, was supplied with another MG2 from the Swedish agent (who was on site) that also broke, and then borrowed an AW93 to finish the competition with."

This one made my day...
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

556 wrote:
Tycho wrote:Well, from what I read here, I'd say that most owners who tried to solve their problems with Matchguns . . . are now in possession of a functional gun.
Like these two: an experienced marksman, and, even the swedish agent for MG2, too:- referred to above by "Bolin";
Just to point out, Tycho is talking about now; you are talking about 2007.
jipe

Post by jipe »

Tycho wrote:Well, from what I read here, I'd say that most owners who tried to solve their problems with Matchguns have received good service and are now in possession of a functional gun. Those who spend their days bein pissed off and pissing off other people will probably need a bit more time to get there.
Let's be honest:

Yes, Matchguns supported the many customers who experienced problems with their newly bought MG2. Matchguns seems indeed very supportive.

But is it normal that so many customers having bought a new MG2 needed to be supported. Here the answer is clearly negative. This should not happen and it is normal that there are unhappy Matchguns customers even if after help of Matcguns they end up with a working pistol.

Honestly, would you accept this for any other product you have bought: your car, TV, mobile phone, washing machine, motorcycle... ?
julioalperi

Were they MG2s?????????

Post by julioalperi »

MG2-owner.
Thanks.
You can see it yourself in the ISSF TV. Both shooters:Brigitte Roy and Thibaut Sauvage shot their respective finals in Rio de Janeiro 2008. Roy in 25m pistol women and Sauvage in rapid fire.Both guns are MG2s.
Believe me, if your MG2 works like mine and you are not getting good results, it is you NOT the gun.
Julio
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

So what? Matchguns weren't the first, and they won't be the last manufacturer with problems. Whatever you buy, if you go for a new pistol without having a reliable backup, it's your own fault. I've been shooting for 20 years now, Walther to FAS to Hammmerli, back to FAS, Pardini, Morini, and now MG. All of them had problems (I remember a time when I had a pretty loud shouting match with the Swiss Pardini importer at the Nationals...) But NONE of them reacted as Matchguns did, and that's why they have my vote now. Everybody else keeps asking for your score, and if you're not shooting 590, and are not in the national team, your opinion doesn't count. Not with Pardini, not with Morini, not with Hammerli. You read the threads about Walther's customer support? Huh? Did we get the info about the problems with the Pardini e-series before the things broke down in the middle of the match? Did we get the free Hammerli spares for the SP20? Nope, but we did get the update kit for the MG2, and the small parts to get it running. Stop whining, pussy, get your act together, talk to Stefano, instead of lamenting away on the internet. And remember, this is Formula One, not a US-market-compatible microwave oven - there ain't no such thing as 100% here. You're not shooting 100%, either.
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

Come on Tycho, don't hold back and sugar coat it say what you mean!!!!

It's been said a million times the pistol is a new radical design as such there maybe problems with the design and there may be problems with serial production just as in the manufacture of any new pistol.

No amount of testing prior to production can or will find every problem. Making on two or a 100 on pre production tooling is different than making thousands on production tooling along with suppliers now supplying production components. The important thing is how the company reacts, except for a few dissatisfied voices it seems the majority are happy with the response from Matchguns. There is also a percentage of people that a company could never make happy no matter what. Ones attitude sometimes also figures into how helpful others are, I know I go out of my way to help those that are nice and friendly, the rude, ignorant, miserable get the bare minimum.