fwb p44

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Post by Guest »

I would still lean towards a fwb. seen as im told anshutz have taken over styer you would have to wonder about how much r&d will be put into the styers instead of the anshutz pistols
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Uh - what exactly is the news? Anschutz always held a large share of Steyr Sportwaffen GmbH - so what? Anybody seen any detrimental symptoms?

Post by Guest »

No but seen as they own the major share in it now they will probably put more into the anshutz pistols and in time they may be better. I mainly lean towards the p44 as it is so similar to shoot as the old model2. personally i wouldnt worry about the whole paint thing.
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Anschutz is not developing anything in the pistol sector for themselves, AFAIK. They know that AP is a small market, and any R&D put into that segment would be wasted. They let Steyr build a slightly different model under their own name, and that's it. But if you really want to buy a P44, don't let any objective information hold you up - wouldn't want to stand in the way of cognitive dissonance adjustment.
jipe

Post by jipe »

Anonymous wrote:No but seen as they own the major share in it now they will probably put more into the anshutz pistols and in time they may be better.
The last Anschutz pistol the LP@ was an excellent pistol, really at the top... as it was a clone of the Steyr LP10 ! But even if was an excellent pistol, it wasn't a commercial success since the Anschutz brand is famous for rifles but not for pistols.

Now it is stopped. Anschutz will probably use the Anschutz brand for rifle and the Steyr brand for pistols. May be the Steyr rifles will disappear ?

Post by Guest »

I have no intention of buying a p44. not just yet anyway. I think it is never a good idea to buy the latest model. I think its a much better idea to buy 1 maybe 2 models previous as by that stage you know all the flaws and strengths and can make a better decision. I intend on keeping my model2 FWB for quiet some time yet.
jacques b gros

Post by jacques b gros »

The real problem with the FWB P44 is the importer. I got one, ordered with medium grips, with the biggest grip I've ever seen on any pistol.

Although the seller tried hard, Beeman would not supply a medium grip, which now I think would not solve the problem. Any solution was around 60 days ahead. And being here in Brazil did not help much. It was the only one around.

Ended by selling the brand new P44 and buying an used LP@ of 2003, in mint condition, with a much smaller grip.

And it didn't scrape the frame...
jipe

Post by jipe »

The grip is the technical weak point (other weak points are painted finish and price) of the P44, its not only the size also the shape doesn't fit very well to most people.
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

Anonymous wrote:No but seen as they own the major share in it now they will probably put more into the anshutz pistols and in time they may be better. I mainly lean towards the p44 as it is so similar to shoot as the old model2. personally i wouldnt worry about the whole paint thing.
"Own a major share now", they've owned a controlling share for around 5 years now. Considering they built a new factory after they had controlling interest, I really don't see what your point is, unless you just learned about this. Prior to that Steyr was under the control of a receiver, so they really look better now than they have in about a decade or more.