FWB 103

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
millsbomb

FWB 103

Post by millsbomb »

Can anyone confirm the demise of the 103, I have heard rumors that it has been discontinued. I know it has never been popular, but for the life of me I cant think why, it saves all the paraphernalia of tanks, hoses and gauges and driving miles to get a refill. If it has been discontinued it might increase the S/H price.
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Well, it's not listed as a current product on their website...
Fred Mannis

FWB Discontinued

Post by Fred Mannis »

From Pilkguns website:

Feinwerkbau FWB 103

This model has been DISCONTINUED
jipe

Re: FWB 103

Post by jipe »

millsbomb wrote:Can anyone confirm the demise of the 103, I have heard rumors that it has been discontinued..

Yes, its is discontinued.
millsbomb wrote:I know it has never been popular, but for the life of me I cant think why,

Because there was alsmost no demand for it, no company would keep on its catalog a product that almost nobody buys. 10m air pistol are essentially match pistols, when you look at what is used in match, even at cliub level, almost nobody uses this kind of pistol anymore, almost everybody uses PCP or CO2. The only reason why such pistols remain is price = cheaper than PCP (example IZH46) but the 103 was even more expensive than all top PCP pistols excepted may be the P44 !
millsbomb wrote:it saves all the paraphernalia of tanks, hoses and gauges and driving miles to get a refill.

This is a non issue: PCP pistol are very easy to use and refill. If you do not like the big bottle, use a hand pump, it will take you less than 5 minutes for again 150 shots.

millsbomb wrote:If it has been discontinued it might increase the S/H price.
I have serious doubt about that, there are often 100, 102, 103 for sale on egun, look at what price they go for !
millsbomb

FWB 103

Post by millsbomb »

thanks for the replies, it looks like I will have to keep it then. As for pumps, I am 84yrs old WW2 veteran and would like to get older :-) not be found on the floor holding a pump, as for match shooting, I am a Full member of the BPC which means I have shot for my country in the past, although it gets harder now by the day.
!0.9
jipe

Re: FWB 103

Post by jipe »

millsbomb wrote:thanks for the replies, it looks like I will have to keep it then. As for pumps, I am 84yrs old WW2 veteran and would like to get older :-) not be found on the floor holding a pump, as for match shooting, I am a Full member of the BPC which means I have shot for my country in the past, although it gets harder now by the day.
!0.9
I don't say that it cannot be used but that very few people still use such kind of pistols => no/very little sales of new 103 => discontinued.
Rover

Post by Rover »

Pardini still sells the K58 SSP. I really like mine; great trigger! They are quieter and have less disturbance on discharge than anything I've tried.

I like like the SSPs because you don't need a thing besides the gun and a can of pellets. One the top shooters at my club just bought one, too.
jipe

Post by jipe »

Rover wrote:Pardini still sells the K58 SSP. I really like mine; great trigger! They are quieter and have less disturbance on discharge than anything I've tried.
Did you compare with top of the line (similarly priced) top PCP like LP10, P44, K10, 162, LP300XT...
Rover wrote:I like like the SSPs because you don't need a thing besides the gun and a can of pellets. One the top shooters at my club just bought one, too.
When I read the posts, I have the impression that the situation is different in US and Europe: in Europe, most club had (or still have) a CO2 bottle and now have either a big air bottle or a compressor that all people can use to recharge the cylinders of their pistol/rifle => reloading the CO2 and PCP pistol/rifle is not an issue at all.

Then, during a match, even if it is possible to arm your SSP pistol/rifle, not having to do it is really an advantage: between shots (especially in finals), you can fully concentrate on the next shot and nothing else.
Rover

Post by Rover »

It's not like I don't have or haven't tried anything else. It is just that the SSPs are such sweet guns. You can cock and load them about as fast as most other guns and faster than some (unless you're a kid or feeble).

The other shooter I mentioned also has a top of the line PCP, but bought one of the K58s. They are nearly half the price of, say, a Morini.

But it looks like we've drifted from the point; yes, the FWB103 has been discontinued.