Vise

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

GeorgeH

Vise

Post by GeorgeH »

Do you use a vise to help clean your rifle (or pistol)? If so, what brand/kind?
Soupy44

Post by Soupy44 »

I'd say if you are applying so much pressure to clean your gun that you need a vise, something is wrong. Whenever I've run a rod through a long gun barrel, I've had to hold onto the grip some, but the pressure was no where near the range of needing a vise.
GeorgeH

Vise

Post by GeorgeH »

Using a vise has nothing to do with pressure. I just find it convenient to have it hold the rifle. The vise I use is the plastic Tipton version.
Soupy44

Post by Soupy44 »

Gotchya. I've only had to use a bipod with rubber tips on the legs and the rifles have stood pretty still just using those.
Misny

Post by Misny »

I have a Tipton gun vise. I mostly use it for cleaning long guns, but I have used it to mount pistol scopes, etc. They have an improved brand that is quite a bit more expensive. You can see the one I bought here:http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.e ... mid=607786

Here is the improved model with a lot more adjustments:http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.e ... mid=110829

You can read over the reviews and decide if this is something you could use.
Quest1

Re: Vise

Post by Quest1 »

GeorgeH wrote:Do you use a vise to help clean your rifle (or pistol)? If so, what brand/kind?
I use a vise made by CTK Precision. The vise can be converted into a gun vise for cleaning rifle or pistols or as a bench rest shooting rest. The phone number for the small business owner is 715-754-2891. If he doesn't have any in stock we have a couple at our store that are available for sale for about $129 plus shipping. The store number is 208-785-0232 or you can email me at randys@bigskytel,com