Rapid fire or standard

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Irod

Rapid fire or standard

Post by Irod »

Is there any test to define if a person es better suited for rapid fire or standard pisto, or viceversa?

I understand that have different requeriments, do you have any idea?

Tks!!!!
Mike Taylor

Tests

Post by Mike Taylor »

Test #1:
Fire five shots within 10 seconds at a 25-metre ISSF precision target.
Test #2:
Fire one shot on each of five 25-metre ISSF rapid fire targets (spaced 75 cm apart) within 8 seconds.

If your score in test #1 is 48 or better, I suggest you might have the makings of a good Rapid Fire shooter.
If, in Test #2, you miss any one of the five targets, I suggest you stick with Standard Pistol - at least until you can accomplish test #2 without a miss.
The foregoing is written with tongue firmly in cheek.
Me bad!
RobStubbs

Re: Rapid fire or standard

Post by RobStubbs »

Irod wrote:Is there any test to define if a person es better suited for rapid fire or standard pisto, or viceversa?

I understand that have different requeriments, do you have any idea?

Tks!!!!
Very simply, there is no such test. All you can do is try shooting both disciplines and see how your scores go. Rapid fire takes a fair bit of training, especially to get the 'feel' of the timings and how the gun behaves, moving from target to target under recoil. Most notably of course is the 4 second string.

Rob.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

RobStubbs wrote:Rapid fire takes a fair bit of training, especially to get the 'feel' of the timings and how the gun behaves
If you want to be good at it then Standard Pistol needs just as much training.
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

David Levene wrote:
RobStubbs wrote:Rapid fire takes a fair bit of training, especially to get the 'feel' of the timings and how the gun behaves
If you want to be good at it then Standard Pistol needs just as much training.
I wasn't implying standard was any less demanding of good training, I just commented on rapid because it appears more daunting a discipline, and has different technical demands than standard.

Rob.
edster99

Post by edster99 »

I tried rapid for the first time this weekend - very good fun! I have no idea what a good score is though...