J.P. O'Connor Articles

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

USMA82

J.P. O'Connor Articles

Post by USMA82 »

I've been reading the "On The Firing Line" article series in USA Shooting by J.P. O'Connor. I'm missing articles 26 through 32 in the series. I'm looking for help in obtaining those articles.

J.P. O'Connor's website seems quite old, and the links to the articles on our host's website and the GunSnot website are out of date. Previous requests to J.P. have gone unanswered. The USA Shooting website does not seem to have back copies of the magazine available.

Any suggestions? Does anybody have a copy they could scan and email to me?

Thanks,

John
pilkguns
Site Admin

Post by pilkguns »

JP was by here last week and said he was going to send me all the updates to add online. I will drop him a reminder.
SmbRifle

J P OConnor

Post by SmbRifle »

I would like to find JPs articles as well. Where do you have them ?
Bill177

Article locations

Post by Bill177 »

BPBrinson

Post by BPBrinson »

Thanks, Bill. However we are still missing 26 thru 32. I talked to him this summer and he said he has intended to get the missing ones up somewhere. I may call him if they do not appear in the next few weeks. Great articles

Brooks
JPOC

On The Firing Line

Post by JPOC »

Hello Everyone,

Thanks for the requests for the articles. The most recent installments discuss an alternative way to think about improving, discuss two of our Bejing medalists - including their own comments, and present an interesting way to think about higher "levels" of performance and competition.

We are up to 42 articles now, so I am more than a bit behind in getting them posted on www.pilkguns.com. USA Shooting has not reposted their information/training section since migrating to the current web site, so Scott's site will be the only place to find my articles. I hope to be able to get the articles prepared for web posting over the Thanksgiving holiday. If not, then certainly by the end of December. (Having now gone "public" with a deadline, I now have no choice in the matter! Ha!)

Sorry that I have been behind on posting the articles. I keep busy commuting out of town each week for a consulting contract (to pay the bills!), coaching, writing the articles, and coaching two teams at North Georgia College & State University in Dahlonega, GA. Last year I started an intercollegiate pistol team there, and as of this year we have the rifle team competing under NCAA. (I am loaning about 2 dozen pistols to the team. If you have or know of pistols that we could use... please let me know!)

My email responses have been even more behind, due not only to the above, but also due to some technical issues with email. I know quite a bit of email was never received. I think we are up and running again now. If I have not responded to you, my apologies. I strive to answer all emails.

Enjoy the upcoming holidays, and... See you on the range!

Thanks,
JP
Jack Milchanowski

Post by Jack Milchanowski »

Thank you for all of your efforts!