Rifle training - Shooting Cookbook

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

jcramosp68

Rifle training - Shooting Cookbook

Post by jcramosp68 »

Hello everybody:

I am entering the air rifle shooting world and I wonder if anyone has evaluated the Shooting Cookbook, which contains shooting drills for rifle and some games to improve concentration. They can be found at

http://www.aball-ypi.com/shootind.htm

Thank you very much for your help.

Regards, JC.[/img]
SteveT

Post by SteveT »

I don't know anything about The Shooting Cookbook.

In my opinion The Ways of the Rifle is $65 well spent. Get it from our host http://www.pilkguns.com/books.shtml

I am more of a pistol shooter, but dabble in rifles. I wish there was "The Ways of the Pistol" when I was starting out in pistol.

Best regards,
Steve Turner

Post by Guest »

I will second Steve's advice.
Ter
jcramosp68

Air Rifle Shooting.

Post by jcramosp68 »

Thank you very much for your replies.

I already bought the "Air Rifle Shooting" book. Just waiting for it to arrive at home.

Regards, JC.
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

I already bought the "Air Rifle Shooting" book.
While that book is a great book, it really is very specifically written for precision air rifle.

"The Ways of the Rifle" is a bit broader in scope and really should be the 1st one you get into ..... then fine tune everything with the "Air Rifle Shooting"

Both are pretty much a "must have" for coaches and serious shooters as well
joydeepk

Post by joydeepk »

should have a peek at the 2009 edition of Ways of The Rifle(coming in a month),with more pics,pages and ilustrations added than before. I had a priviledged view of the book ands its wonderful.
jcramosp68

Air Rifle Training

Post by jcramosp68 »

Hello joydeepk, jhmartin:

So you recommend going through the Ways of the rifle book first and then with the Air Rifle Shooting? Certainly I will wait for the new edition of Ways of the rifle. I already received the Air Rifle Shooting book and it is great. Lots of ilustrations, recommendations, charts, etc. It is from the same team that wrote Ways of the rifle back in 1997. They mention it in the book.

See you around.

Regards, Juan Carlos.
Kevin6Q

Post by Kevin6Q »

I have a copy of the Cookbook and Ways of the Rifle. Both re excellent texts and compliment each other very well. The Cookbook is loaded with drills and guidelines. Ways speaks to technique and goes more heavily into mental aspects of shooting. The Cookbook is also written for biathlon shooting and many of the drills are for biathletes but should be applicable to other shooting sports.About 50% of the drills are biathlon specific but the precision shooting drills address trigger control, body position and shot set-up, breathing, holding, etc. The book is also set-up for coaches. The drills are explained and the purpose of the drills, execution and what skills should be mastered before undertaking the specific drill.

My shooting sport is biathlon and I have found the drills very helpful and they have improved my skills. I found the book well worth the investment.