Walther LG300XT

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Hon

Walther LG300XT

Post by Hon »

Hi all. I am new to this forum. I have a few questions regarding Walther air rifle.

Can anyone tell me if Walther makes all components of their air rifles in Germany? I have been told that they make some of the parts in far east. May be not true.

Are these air rifles reliable?

What is the advantage of the LG300XT Anatomic model? It looks great, but besides look, is there any good reason using wood stock?

Thank you.
peepsight

Post by peepsight »

Wow, that's a lot of questions.

MEC supply the butt plate and now the tunnel fore sight. As for parts being made in the far East, who knows, i doubt very much they would own up to that. I believe the barrels are made by an independent barrel maker in Germany but i may be wrong.

The Anatomic came about because a lot of shooters told Walther they liked wood rather than Alu. There is a different kind of 'damping' and feel during the firing cycle with wood which is what a German shooter told me.

The Anatomic is apparently now out selling the Carbon tech which is a horrendous price.

Don't forget that most recent Olympic and World cup medals have been won with the plain old LG-300 XT standard models.

Having parts made in the far East would not surprise me one bit considering who owns Walther. Is this a stigma or not?
Put it another way, if the Jap's decided to make precision 10m target weapons they could end up not only better than the Germans but better value for money. Cars, cameras, HI Fi need i go on.

Peeps
peepsight

Post by peepsight »

Sorry, Centra supply the Fore sight tunnel.

Peeps
robf

Post by robf »

I own (several) walther dominators, and an anatomic.

Even if the parts do (and thats the first i've ever heard of it) come from elsewhere, there's nothing to worry about because they are up to walther's usual superb standard throughout the gun, down to every nutt and bolt...

in short, your buying top german engineering, and if it's not then it's as good as it gets anyway.

in fact i'd go to say that although the anatomic shares many mec stock parts, the finish is better on my walther than the mec stock i've seen. (mind you we're only talking about the finishing on a couple of small parts on the mec stock... nothing serious)

I love my anny... shows me how to shoot better on every shot.

Still would like a carbontec, just cos it looks sexy... but i'd probably rip the stock off and use it for FT because i cant think of a reason i'll be losing the anatomic... i cant even think of how it could be improved!
robf

Post by robf »

sorry, just seen the other questions...

reliability... bullet proof. My dommies see all sorts of UK weather from -5, wind rain to 30+ sun, dust and sand. They dont miss a beat. Dommies are just 300's on steroids... and the higher power would bring out any stress, and it doesn't. They are easy to maintain as well. Parts Walther have sent out to us for older dommies have solved the temp shift that early ones had, but anything mk2 reg should be rock solid... and it's probable that it only affected dommies anyway.

indoors, pah, well... its a cake walk. The thing is so unstressed it's almost asleep. I must have put close to 3000 shots through mine without even cleaning it and it feels as good as day 1.

the wood is a different feel and balance to the alutec stocks... i really like it... the gun feels lighter, more responsive with good feedback. It might seem a little alien to shooters used to heavier stocks, and at first feel i wasn't keen. But shooting it and it comes alive. 2 mins with a spanner and i was shooting my pb's... 1/2 a season behind me and i'm nearly 10 points up on my average. Some of it is down to clothing changes i've made, but a lot of it is down to the feedback of the gun. For once I feel like i know the problem on almost every shot, and i'm not blaming it... it's almost like the rest of the equation needs to come up to the gun's mark, including me.

pb for me is 550 for reference.

if you like the feel, you wont look back.