free pistol Olympic final

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Anton

Post by Anton »

Dear every one,

Can any one tell me what pistols used in Free Pistol final game in Olympic.

Thanks
Anton.
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Check out www.issf.tv, usually they have pics of all finalists in the gallery.
Igor

Post by Igor »

Tycho wrote:Check out www.issf.tv, usually they have pics of all finalists in the gallery.
Yes, but why not offer some service to the former poster, informing him (her?) about the models used in the last OG final? For some poor soul, like myself, who is not an expert, it is not easy to tell from the pictures who uses which model (customized or stock).
Freepistol

Post by Freepistol »

Tycho

Post by Tycho »

If you can't tell them apart, what use is the information to you, anyway?
jipe

Post by jipe »

Enough posts for a pretty simple question.

Morini dominates the free pistol event: 60% of the participants, 6 of the 8 finalists and the three medalist used a CM84e.

The rest used mainly TOZ. Then far behind in number, a few Hammerli's.
2650 Plus

Free Pistols

Post by 2650 Plus »

Nice job jipe. A clear and precice answer without the supercilious put downs. Can't we just try to help one another without trying to proves how great we are? Good Shooting Bill Horton
imbecile

Post by imbecile »

If someone wants here is possible to download and watch shooting finals in Beijing.
http://talks.guns.ru/forummessage/16/242731-19.html
Once downloaded password for opening files: talks.guns.ru
New FP shooter

Re: Free Pistols

Post by New FP shooter »

2650 Plus wrote:Nice job jipe. A clear and precice answer without the supercilious put downs. Can't we just try to help one another without trying to proves how great we are? Good Shooting Bill Horton

Bill,

Nicely said.

-s
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Well, jipe, you made Bill Horton happy - but I'd rather let people find out by themselves instead of reading the same 3 threads (What FP was used at x competition? Is the LP10 better than the CM162EI? Please help me choose a .22 sp...) every 10 days.... I just can't figure out why so many people are willing to lean back and let others do the work instead of investing a bit of time on their own and coming up with interesting, specific questions afterward.

BTW, Tanyu Kiriakov's pistol is neither a Morini nor a TOZ.
imbecile

Post by imbecile »

Tycho wrote:
Apparently Hammerli FP60.
j-team

Post by j-team »

imbecile wrote:
Tycho wrote:
From memory, he's alway been a Hammerli man hasn't he?

Sorry Tycho if my post doesn't meet your high standards, I'm quite happy to post small talk and off the cuff comments! And, I'm happy to read others, even (gasp!) if I don't agree with them.
Anton

Post by Anton »

Dear Every one.,
Thanks for all the informations.
Rgds
Anton
Steve Swartz

Post by Steve Swartz »

" . . . the supercilious put downs. Can't we just try to help one another without trying to proves how great we are . . . "

Now *that's* funny!
the truth

funny

Post by the truth »

Why is that funny?
jipe

Post by jipe »

imbecile wrote:
Tycho wrote:
Not 100% sure. I looked at the video, its pretty difficult to say since the defintion is not that good and also because Kiriakov has a custom grip that cover a lot the pistol frame but it looks more like a 160 (same as Nestruev) than an FP60 ?
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

Tycho wrote:Well, jipe, you made Bill Horton happy - but I'd rather let people find out by themselves instead of reading the same 3 threads (What FP was used at x competition? Is the LP10 better than the CM162EI? Please help me choose a .22 sp...) every 10 days.... I just can't figure out why so many people are willing to lean back and let others do the work instead of investing a bit of time on their own and coming up with interesting, specific questions afterward.

The point made is that people can save plenty of time and effort by doing a search rather than repeating the same questions over and over. Now maybe some people, new to the forum just ask first, but it's a give and take process on here. I'm generally quite happy whiling away a little time and answering the odd posts, but it can get annoying when people just take, take from the forum.

Rob.
imbecile

Post by imbecile »

jipe wrote:
imbecile wrote:
Tycho wrote:
looks more like a 160 (same as Nestruev)
Nestruyev wasn't in final.
Mediocre Shooter

Re: funny

Post by Mediocre Shooter »

the truth wrote:Why is that funny?
It is funny when "Can't we just try to help one another without trying to proves how great we are . . ." was posted by a person whose user name is trying to tell everyone how great he is.
the Truth

Post by the Truth »

TT seems in the last 2 months to be changing a little. I feel for the better! when a newbie asks a question I see more answers then a suggestion to do a search. Instead of " we already answered that go look it up " KISS THAT NEW SHOOTER GOODBY! In general I have found shooters to be nice people, only once at a match have I had a bad encounter. (and there is alot of TT posters I dont agree with, but still are agreeable with) A actual aplogie was given on TT this past week . It was due! I almost commented but held back. I did a little research this week found the 3 best shooters who have posted on TT one was basically called stupid after posting less than 10 post(never posted again) another after less than 10 post quit , I guess he didnt like shooters calling other shooters cheaters, ( could be he just started his own site) Russ! one of the best shots Ive ever seen ! was put down on this site for something I witnessed . Russ was totally in the right, now he no longer posts(I dont blame him) Except to sell a gun..... lets keep helping the newbies out and agree its ok to disagree. I shoot Nygord 6 oclock, you shoot sub six CAN WE ALL JUST GET ALONG!..................The Truth.