rear sight

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

joydeepk

rear sight

Post by joydeepk »

any suggestions for a relatively high scoring prone shooter ,which rear sights should be good outdoors? a few models with their advantages may be discussed.
thanks in advance.
xcrunner8k

Post by xcrunner8k »

centra. adjustable backlash, the writing is in english, you can choose right or left hand thread, you can choose 1/4, 1/8, or 1/12 min., and you can see over the thing. and if you're into machining you'll see that it is a high quality piece. one thing that could be better is that if your eye is very close to the iris (which mine is) it's difficult to see the wind flags. the MEC freesight solves this because the thing is tiny, though the 1/20ish min. clicks will probs drive you mad.
Jordan F.

Post by Jordan F. »

I use teh Gehmann 595 rearsite unit. This site is also adjustable for backlash. So far this sight has treated me very well. Adjustments are very small with this as well with 1.5mm per click at 50m
Hip's Ax

Post by Hip's Ax »

For outdoor prone a Sam Gates or a Warner in 1/6th or 1/8th. Anything finer than 1/8th will drive you nuts in the wind.
"Where the heck did that 8 come from?!"
10x

Post by 10x »

A good set of rear sights are from Bedford Target Supplies. His Panaramic sight lets you see all the wind flags you want.....
Adrian...
https://www.bedfordtargetsupplies.co.uk
joydeepk

Post by joydeepk »

thanks for the inputs..the MEC is good but expensive,but I couldn't get bedford suppliers site.