Scatt vs. Rika

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

nirvanaisanx

Scatt vs. Rika

Post by nirvanaisanx »

I know this questions is very open ended and up to the interpretation of each individual replying.

I am trying to evaluate both the SCATT and Rika systems to ultimately make a decision to purchase one.

I personally noticed when replaying my shots the SCATT system "appears" to be more sensitive to changes in hold than the Rika system.

I used both systems in prone with the idea of trying to illustrate the least amount of movement in a hold. I shot the same score on both systems, but what I noticed is the SCATT seems to be more sensitive to the changes the barrel is pointing at (the hold appears more erradic and jumpy). The Rika system appears to move less and slower, while the SCATT is the opposite. This is by no means a fair analysis (as many factors could have changed from test to test) to base my purchase decision on, but I was curious to notice if anyone else has seen this?

I is possible to open a SCATT file in Rika and vice versa? I doubt it, but it's worth asking. Perhaps the SCATT file in Rika would replay differently then natively in SCATT.

While I have this topic open I would also like to ask what you feel are the advantages or disadvantages of both systems? The SCATT is less expensive than the Rika and both are signifigantly less than Noptel. Cost shouldn't be the only factor for the choice which is why I'm looking for your opinion.

All replies appreciated.

Thanks
Rutty

Post by Rutty »

The files are not interchangeable between RIKA and Scatt, that's like asking rifle manufacturers to all use the same dovetail size for the sights!!

There have been quite a few threads on the features and relative merits of the various electronic trainers. If you use the search function and enter "RIKA and Scatt and Noptel" you should turn up most of them. They will probably answer most of your questions.

Rgds
Rutty
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

I suspect the sensitivity differences are just down to the setup of the two machines. I personally use scatt so I prefer it, but I have used the rika too. I never found it as user friendly but then I've only used it a couple of times, so probably not a fair evaluation period.

Rob.