Buying Kruger Targets

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

spacepilot

Buying Kruger Targets

Post by spacepilot »

I am thinking of buying some Kruger training targets (3038 and 3040 shown below). So far, I've only found them in Kruger's online store based in Europe. The US seller I found (nealjguns) only sells regular Kruger targets. Does anyone know if there is any store that sells those targets in the US? If not, has anyone ordered from Kruger's online store? I wonder how much the shipping would be from Germany to the US. Thanks.

Image Image
TomAmlie

Post by TomAmlie »

I ordered targets and had them shipped here to the US. Shipping was relatively expensive but not prohibitive. It's still a good deal. Ordering a large quantity didn't seem to provide any economies of scale in shipping costs, and a larger, heavier package is more likely to fall apart. Although they make great targets their shipping boxes leave a lot to be desired.

One note of warning: you do bear the risk of loss or damage in international shipping.
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

I order everything from Kruger online which then gets shipped from Germany to the UK. For me shipping works out about 20 euros so I'd guess it'd be similar for you folks. That probably means it's only worthwhile if you order a large quantity - I always order 3000 targets to the shipping costs aren't that high once added in. Give them a call to discuss, they all speak pretty good English.

Rob.
pilkguns
Site Admin

Post by pilkguns »

We have the Edelmann training targets in stock

http://www.pilkguns.com/edelmanntargets.pdf
spacepilot

Post by spacepilot »

Thank you for the responses. I did a search on this forum, and it is confirmed by another member that there is no economy of scale in shipping to the US; unless, you are the last "Guest" in this thread, Tom.

RE: pilkguns
I haven't seen similar training targets in the Edelmann catalog, that's why I looked into Krueger targets. Is there a secret catalog hidden from the public that lists all the good stuff?
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

spacepilot wrote:I haven't seen similar training targets in the Edelmann catalog, that's why I looked into Krueger targets. Is there a secret catalog hidden from the public that lists all the good stuff?
I think the training targets disappeared from the catalogue at the same time as Edelmann started being marketed under the Rika banner.
spacepilot

Post by spacepilot »

David Levene wrote: I think the training targets disappeared from the catalogue at the same time as Edelmann started being marketed under the Rika banner.
Ah, that's too bad. I'd rather buy from this side of the Ocean.
pilkguns
Site Admin

Post by pilkguns »

hmmmmmm, I am not sure what happened with the training targets on our website but I will get that fixed. Meanwhile, if you look on the Rika website, you can see the the complete lineup of training targets, kontrollecheibe in german. this is the address that shows up in my browser , although it looks a littel generic to be the direct link the training targets

http://rika1.com/default.asp?Language=D

actually a little more digging shows the targets are on the German page, but not the English one, which is what is copied on my website. have to get onto RIKA about that
spacepilot

Post by spacepilot »

Interesting. I did find the target with the black triangular center in the German catalog. They also seem to have most other training targets that Krueger makes, at least the ones for AP. However, I still cannot find the one with the completely black face. Is this target available from Edelmann?
Fred Mannis

Source for Kruger Targets in U.S.

Post by Fred Mannis »

Gold Medal Shooting is importing Kruger targets. Contact Stan at info@goldmedalshooting.com.. First shipment is due in this month. I don't know whether he ordered any of the type you are looking for.

I would be inclined to make them myself - the quality of the paper is not an issue since they will not be scored.
pilkguns
Site Admin

Post by pilkguns »

Edelmann does not make an all black target, not sure what purpose it would serve, but nothing a can of black spray paint would'nt cure. or just buy some black construction paper. you are not worried about scoring these training targets, and there is no specific size you are trying to duplicate, (like a rectangle the same width as the 10m bull) so there is no sense in paying for that special paper that scores easily.