Pardini SP (prior to "SP New") still supported for

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
MSC

Pardini SP (prior to "SP New") still supported for

Post by MSC »

Going to look at one tomorrow, and I wanted to get some insight. I recall someone saying that many/most? of the "SP New" parts aren't compatible, and spares for "pre-New" are all but dried up. Anyone have any recent experience with replacing parts? I called Larry's, but they're closed for a week.

Any help appreciated, as I don't care to purchase a soon-to-be paperweight!

Thanks

Post by Guest »

Most of all the Pardini parts (not the slide or the barrel) are still current.
MSC

Post by MSC »

Checked it out today. Little more info to help distinguish how old.

Is this an "SP New"?

- From Nygord
- Trigger "adjuster screws" ahead/above trigger blade
- Has grooved receiver for scope/dot mount
- Has the silver "ovals" on the magazine well (newer, reinforced?)
- Doesn't have the springs/weights around the barrel, like the new ones
Mike Taylor

SPnew

Post by Mike Taylor »

The SPnew has six spring/weight assemblies around the barrel. Also, on the SPnew, the silver (aluminum) coloured 'ovals' are inlet (depressions) into the magazine well, not raised reinforcements. At least, that is how my SPnew is configured.
If the gun you are considering does not have these two features, I would suggest that it is not an SPnew.
kardar

Pardini SP OLD

Post by kardar »

I believe I have the same one, from Don Nygord. It has a hunk of metal instead of barrel weights like in the newer SP's.
I had contacted Pardini asking them if I can install the newer recoil buffer on my gun. The answer was yes but would need to change the barrel also.
I don't know if that means the other parts are interchangeable or not.
Just send an email to Pardini, they are good & quick in getting back.
regards,
Kardar
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Do some measuring before buying. "New barrel" in Pardini slang could well mean that the ring around it, that holds it against the barrel shroud, has a different diameter. If they made it smaller, it's an easy thing to adapt the old barrel to the new shroud. On the other hand, IMHO the effect of the inertial absorbers (no buffer anywhere) is close to negligible on the .22, so why bother.

To get the thread back to its topic, instead of discussing cosmetics, I'd be surprised if there was any serious problem with spare parts. The SP looks back on 25 years or so of production, and many of those version are "related". Besides, there aren't all that many things in a mechanical Pardini that break, perhaps a firing pin once in a while. And getting in contact for uncritical-by-law (meaning everything except frame, slide and barrel) parts usually works well, INME.
MSC

Post by MSC »

Just to follow up for anyone interested... I had e-mailed Pardini directly - they said that all parts were still avaiable for the gun (in this case, one maufactured in the late 90's).

I ended up passing on it, as I thought the asking price was too high, and the seller wouldn't budge. Found a great deal on a used Benelli which is now enroute.

Thanks as always for the useful feedback.