Rika Software on Windows Vista

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

John Hollingshead

Rika Software on Windows Vista

Post by John Hollingshead »

Does anyone know whether the software that comes with a Rika trainer will run on Vista, the new Windows operating system?

Thanks.

John Hollingshead
Richard H

Re: Rika Software on Windows Vista

Post by Richard H »

John Hollingshead wrote:Does anyone know whether the software that comes with a Rika trainer will run on Vista, the new Windows operating system?

Thanks.

John Hollingshead
The best thing is if you have Vista go to the Rika web site and download the software and see if it works (the software is free). Then you'll know for sure.
John Hollingshead

Post by John Hollingshead »

Thanks, Richard. Good idea!

John
Fred Mannis

Re: Rika Software on Windows Vista

Post by Fred Mannis »

John Hollingshead wrote:Does anyone know whether the software that comes with a Rika trainer will run on Vista, the new Windows operating system?
If it doesn't run on Vista, Vista should have a provision - like XP - for running older programs.
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

Vista does:
right click on the program icon
> properties
> compatability
select the older version desired

Spencer
aross007

re: Rika on Vista

Post by aross007 »

I tried this technique, and cannot get the RIKA software to install on my new vista equipped computer. This machine is 64-bit, and tells me the software is not compatible, even when I try compatibility mode. I know this is not a computer forum, but if anyone has solved this I would be grateful for any tips.

Thanks,
Alan
R Odle

Post by R Odle »

NEW! Home-Trainer - USB - Details

Computer requirements – technical description

Processor: Pentium I or higher/133 MHz or higher
Memory: at least 32 MB RAM
Hard disc space: at least 10 MB
Display: resolution from 640 x 480 possible, 800 x 600 or higher recommended, 16 colour minimum
Computer interface: 1 USB port
Others: CD devise, mouse
Operating system: Windows 98, Windows 2000, Windows NT 4.0, Windows ME/XP and Windows VISTA
Ray Odle

The NEW UPDATE VERSION 3.61 you find instantly in DOWNLOADS!!!!

If it doesn't load in then I suspect the problem is your 64 bit Vista. I understand 64 bit Vista needs software written for 64 bit system.

Let us know if you get this figured out.
aross007

No solution yet

Post by aross007 »

Just a bump - do not yet have a solution, but I suspect that it is related to my computer running 64-bit vista - My workaround is to drag out an old computer that runs windows 98 - it works for now but......

Thanks,
alan
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

Even Scatt will not run on a 64-bit machine. That is the problem. Until they recompile it with a 64-bit compiler you are out of luck on that computer.
Guest2

Post by Guest2 »

I would look into seeing if you can run Microsoft Virtual PC 2007 on your 64 Bit system and then see if you can create a 32bit virtual machine. You'll be required to provide media and license keys for the 32bit systems, but it's worth looking into.
jacques b gros

Post by jacques b gros »

No wonder Vista was voted the lemmon of the year of 2008. It is the worst thing that came out from MS...
Rutty

Post by Rutty »

No wonder Vista was voted the lemmon of the year of 2008. It is the worst thing that came out from MS
That's news to me. I hadn't realised that it was that good!

Rutty