Questions about air rifle

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

HottyToddy

Questions about air rifle

Post by HottyToddy »

Hey, I have an old Anschutz 2002 with wood stock that I shot competition with as a junior and in college. I haven't shot it in five years or so and I want to start using it again for Air rifle silhouette. Should I get the seals replaced, or should I just go with it and see? I wouldn't want to risk any damage to it.
laxratnd

hey

Post by laxratnd »

I would send it to 10 ring service in FL to have a full service done to it. He will do the right job for you and hes a great guy to deal with. his number is 904-724-7419

lax
10point9

Post by 10point9 »

I have a Super-Air 2002 that I bought in December of 1994. In the thirteen plus years that I have been shooting and competing with it I would estimate that it has fired about 40,000 rounds without requiring any service other the ocasional cleaning and lubrication. With the use and age of my rifle I can not detect any loss of accuracy, consistancy, or power. I know of several other folks with the same type of rifle and their experiences are similar with one exception. On one guys rifle a screw broke on the the thumb lever that closes the bolt. This was easily repaired and the rifle has been trouble free since. In my experience these rifles are about as reliabe as a stone ax. If I were you I would just spend a little bit of time shooting it and you will be able to tell if its not right and needs to be serviced.
laxratnd

hey

Post by laxratnd »

Well, it really should be checked out anyway. And if it is a 2002 compressed air rifle, then it should really be checked. They are suppose to be checked every 3 years. Yes they may work great and keep on shooting but you could risk doing more damage without having them checked out. You will save money in the long run to have it checked out now.

lax
pilkguns
Site Admin

Post by pilkguns »

Is this a CA or SSP ? If its a SSP, then it is possible although unlikley that you could damage it by just using it. If its a CA gun, then just use it till you start to see some shot call degradation. Alough my guess is , if its the age you describing, and you want to compete seriouly with it, you may as well get it gone through now.

FWIW, we are also a Anschutz repair facility