SCATT repair

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

guidolastra

SCATT repair

Post by guidolastra »

My SCATT sensor sometimes does not work, I think there might be a false contact (or loose contact) between the cable and the sensor. I wonder if anyone knows where in the US we can get service for SCATT.
Guido
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

I believe that Centre Shot are the US agents for Scatt.
dflast

Post by dflast »

Guido,

You might want to try a different cable. The (Russian?) one that came with my SCATT was bulky, stiff, and very unreliable; replacing it completely solved the iffy contact issue.

I borrowed a camera download cable with the right mini-USB device end from my wife, just to see if it would work, and then bought a Belkin-branded cable of my very own from the local computer mega-store. As a bonus the substitute cables were much lighter and more flexible than the original....

David
guidolastra

SCATT repair

Post by guidolastra »

Thanks for your input, dflast. I think the faulty contact is between the cable and the sensor, so how can I connect a new cable there?
pdeal

Post by pdeal »

Is center shot still in business? I tried to buy a glove from them. I called, I emailed nothing..
laxratnd

hey

Post by laxratnd »

Yes center shot is still around. They just might be away at some matches or something. I would try next week to contact them if they dont get back to you.

lax
dflast

Post by dflast »

Guido,
I believe I'm guilty of an "assume." My SCATT's a newer USB model which has a separate cable that plugs into the sensor at one end and directly into my laptop at the other.
-David
laxratnd

hey

Post by laxratnd »

How do you guys like the scatt system. I am really looking into getting one.

lax
guidolastra

SCATT repair

Post by guidolastra »

Center Shot is still around up and runnning. I just got a message from Marcus Raab. Apparently there is no repair and the whole sensor will require to be replaced...
Laxratnd: SCATT is probably the best invention for serious training I have ever seen. It takes a while to understand it (I have had it for for 8 years and I still do not understand it fully) but there are excellent resources such as the book from MEC "air rifle shooting" where you can learn about how to interpret the results. Also, there are a lot of knowledgeable people around (in this forum for example) who can help. I remember once I sent some files to Dick Boschmann (Netherlands), and he gave me some advise...