What size pellets for my FWB 300s?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Alex MT

What size pellets for my FWB 300s?

Post by Alex MT »

I am just getting back into airguns after a 20 year hiatus, and have noticed that instead of just buying HN match like in the old days there are several choices of premium pellets, and they are sized to the hundredth of a mm.
I know that the best method would probably be to buy a tin of each and try them, but if anyone has a recommendation for brand and size for a FWB 300s springer it would sure save me time and money.
Thanks,
Alex
laxratnd

hey

Post by laxratnd »

I would just go with the standard R-10 match in 4.5mm No sense of using anything different if your gun is not sized. Each gun is different so your best bet would just go with the general r-10 match in 4.5

lax
big52

Re: FWB 300s pellet size

Post by big52 »

I would say R10 is the best, I have a 300s I have been testing and all I have shot so far are 4.50 pellets but am going to try the 4.49 also, will let you know what I find when I finally try them. So far though the 4.50 pellets have shot real well but for a edge you never know the 4.49 might do better but will see and let you know.

Post by Guest »

I have an old Anschutz 380 springer. I love it and have no plans to purchase a CA rifle -- the 380 shoots so much better than I can that there would be no point in upgrading. I also recommend the R10 in 4.5 mm (assuming your success with the FWB is similar to mine) and worry more about your personnal performance than the performance of the pellets.

Shoot more, worry less! Welcome back, and good luck.
peepsight

Post by peepsight »

Hi Guest
I had an LG-380 way back when matches were 40 shots not 60 and i was so proud of myself when i shot a 380 in a regional comp. Oh yes, it was with the old RWS yellow tin Meisterkugeln and no batch sizes in those days.
Great combination.
Peeps