Anshutz 8002

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Ken O

Anshutz 8002

Post by Ken O »

The cylinder started not holding air, I immersed it in a bucket of water (the cylinder, not the rifle, LOL) and bubbles came out the weep hole near where it screws into the rifle.

I did a search and found out the cylinder was under recall, so I sent it back and got another one free.

My question is weather I should leave it screwed in on the rifle instead of unscrewing it when I'm done shooting for the day. Am I wearing something when I do this. I shoot it a couple times a week.

I just registered, I have checked in as a guest occasionally. Thanks, Ken
peepsight

Post by peepsight »

Leave it screwed on the gun and only remove when its time to re fill. Check your hand book and if in doubt e mail Anschutz.
robf

Post by robf »

leave it on.

no need to take it off.
Ken O

Post by Ken O »

Thanks
TWP

Post by TWP »

Page 17 of the Anschutz 8002 manual states:

"To protect the housing, valves, seals, and springs we recommend you always remove the compressed air cylinder when you do not use your compressed air rifle."

http://jga.anschuetz-sport.com/download ... ?downloads

We remove the cylinders from our club guns after practice, and teach our shooters to do the same.
caltexel

Post by caltexel »

Yes, it is on my Anschutz 8002 manual, too. When I first read that, it seemed contradicting common recommendation that not removing cylinder to preserve the seal, but after I did some search on the web, I read the reason explained by, I think, if not remember wrong, by "BB Pelletier" why best remove the cylinder on some rifles: it is the regulator. Keeping the regulator pressurized all time will shorten its live.

Most sport air rifles do not have air regulator, whereas most precision air rifles have. I guess that is where the confusion is.

I am no experts on that. Correct me if I am wrong...
chillippr

Post by chillippr »

I screw my cylinder out until I hear the air pressure escape and store it in my gun safe that way. Mating surfaces, seals,etc. are still protected.
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

I screw my cylinder out until I hear the air pressure escape
On the 8002 (as well as some others) after you have backed the cylinder out, ask permission to clear the regulator, point the rifle down range , cock & fire .... the regulator holds pressure even after the cylinder has been removed.

(Not so on the 2002 as I recall)