Pellet Weight for Pistol

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
K38

Pellet Weight for Pistol

Post by K38 »

My new Morini CM 162 EI came with the usual fantastic one hole test target. It specified HN Finale Match 4.49mm but it does not say whether it was the light (pistol) pellet or the heavier (rifle) pellet. Anybody out there have any great ideas. I have a feeling it may not matter until I get to be a better shooter, but I would like to know.

Thanks,

Dwight
Gort

Post by Gort »

Vogel Match LG - Green label - for pre-charged and CO2 airguns. Pellet weight is .53 grams.
Vogel Match LP - Yellow label - for pneumatic or spring powered lower velocity airguns. Pellet weight is .50 grams.
Copied from our hosts web sight.
Gort
spacepilot

Post by spacepilot »

K38, congratulations on your new pistol!! About pellet testing, here is an article by Vogel USA you may find worth reading. It is also posted on their website. Here is another interesting article about pellet testing. And on the bottom of this page is what our host has to say about pellets.
K38

Post by K38 »

Well, would you believe it, I emailed Morini about the pellet question and they answered my within about 6 hours! (first thing in the morning Switzerland time) The 162EI is tested with Finale Match 4.49 mm light (pistol) pellets that weigh .49 Grams. I will try some of those as the group looks like a single pellet hole.

Best,

Dwight