Korth revolvers

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
R.E. Smalley

Korth revolvers

Post by R.E. Smalley »

Does anyone use these for ISSF competition?

They were mentioned while talking to some friends the other day and I haven't heard anything of the company in decades.

They're US web site hasn't been updated in a few years. I hope they are still in buiseness 'cause they sure make some purty guns.

Wonder what they cost?

Thanks all,
RES
Fortitudo Dei

Post by Fortitudo Dei »

I know of someone who acquired a new Korth revolver in .32 for ISSF centrefire a couple of years ago - so yes - they are still going. It certainly is a quality piece with the most beautiful blueing I’ve ever seen on a handgun and innards polished to a mirror finish. Apparently it was one of the last of their .32's to be made - though that could just be sales-pitch as I wouldn’t be surprised if they would run another one off if someone asked (and was willing to pay).
However this exceptional quality comes at an insane price with Korth revolvers starting at around the 5000 Euro mark (c. $7000 US). I suspect that Korth's main market are European plutocrats who buy Korth revolvers and semi-autos to place in their gun cabinets next to their Holland and Holland shotguns. Korth’s German website has their current line-up.
www.korthwaffen.de
Aus Guest

Post by Aus Guest »

We have a club member who purchased a Korth revolver a few years ago for ISSF centrefire. Purchased a 357mag because the dealer had one in stock and he didn't want to wait months for a 38. He was told the 357's accuracy was almost as good as the 38.
Some of the ransom rest groups are amazing although I've seen similar groupings from S&W's and Colts. From memory it was about $7000Aus at the time. Definetly a lovely gun but value for money I don't know.
The owner takes great pride in it and it draws much attention at gun check. I guess it is a bit like a Ferarri, the owner loves it, everyone wants to look at it and try it out but in the end a ford will do the same job but without the style.
R.E. Smalley

Korth revolvers

Post by R.E. Smalley »

Someone just pointed me toward a posting on www.gunbroker.com for a .22 cal korth.

The guy is asking for a 9,900.00 starting bid. He's got stones, I'll say that.

I'll pay a premium for a gun I like. I paid 400 for my 5-screw model 14 without hesitation.

I consider that a premium over what they typically bring.

And I am not afraid to let other people shoot it.

RES
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

The above three replies say it all.
scerir

Post by scerir »

The only thing I can say is that many years ago I tried a korth 6'' in 38 special wc. In 20 shots I made 18 tens and 2 9s. The trigger wasn't crisp at all. Rather smooth.
Andyd

Post by Andyd »

Many years ago an affluent friend let me shoot his .357 Mag Korth and I always wanted one. I finally got a 1969 vintage .22 Korth this year and do not regret it. Not that it is really so much better than my old K-22 but I imagine it to be better.

By the way, the Korth factory is still open but I'd rather call it a small shop in the outskirts of Ratzeburg. I visited it and had a great and unforgetable time.