Scoring?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
bucksnort

Scoring?

Post by bucksnort »

How are the 50M, free pistol targets scored? When I did shoot, there was a possible of 600 points. Now it appears that the 60 shots are fired in 2-hours vs 2.5 hrs and the scoring goes in excess of 600 points (tenth of a point). IE: 580.6, 578.3, etc
Thanks,
Ed
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

The tenths of a point are only used in the final, (initially) a 10 shot addition to the original 60 shot qualifier.

Those original 60 shots are scored in full numbers only, touch the line and get the higher score.

Hope this helps.
Rob

Post by Rob »

Did the scoring in the finals allways record tenths, or is this since electronic targets..Thanks
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Rob wrote:Did the scoring in the finals allways record tenths, or is this since electronic targets..Thanks
They were certainly scored in tenths in the 1993 rules using electronic targets, scoring machines or (Nonius) scoring gauges.

I cannot find my rule books before then I'm afraid and my events didn't have finals.

Can anyone remember when the finals first came in, 1985 or 1989?
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

Finals were certainly in for 1989; Sergei Pyzhianovurs' Record of 695.1 (593+102.1) was set at the World Cup Final, Munich 13.10.1989.
My collection of old rule books is at the back of the storage - anybody know of ISSF scores with Finals prior to this.

From conversations, they were trialled at Rome (back in the 1960s)

Spencer
Ed Hall

Post by Ed Hall »

Since you guys are discussing the tenths of a point finals scoring, I have a question to bring up:

Are the tenths below 1.0 available? Does a close miss of the 1 ring gain you 0.9 point, etc.? Sorry if I seem too lazy to research this on my own, but I thought maybe someone knows already or can easily find the reference. I'm quite rusty at the ISSF rules.

Just a curiosity and if no one replies I won't be hurt. I'll dig out the rules someday on my own...

Take Care,
Ed Hall
Air Force Shooting Homepage
Bullseye (and International) Competition Things
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Ed Hall wrote:Since you guys are discussing the tenths of a point finals scoring, I have a question to bring up:

Are the tenths below 1.0 available?
What a good question, one I'd never thought of.

For paper targets rule 8.11.1 is pretty clear. "Shots which do not hit the scoring rings of the shooter's own target must be scored as misses."

I cannot find an equivalent for electronics but presume that they will be programmed in a similar manner.

Spencer?
GOVTMODEL

Post by GOVTMODEL »

Ed Hall wrote:Since you guys are discussing the tenths of a point finals scoring, I have a question to bring up:

Are the tenths below 1.0 available? Does a close miss of the 1 ring gain you 0.9 point, etc.? Sorry if I seem too lazy to research this on my own, but I thought maybe someone knows already or can easily find the reference. I'm quite rusty at the ISSF rules.

Just a curiosity and if no one replies I won't be hurt. I'll dig out the rules someday on my own...

Take Care,
Ed Hall
I think not. See ISSF Rule 6.3.1.7 "Targets are divided into scoring zones by scoring rings. Shots striking in a scoring zone receive the number of points designated for that scoring zone." I think the zone that is outside all the rings is the Zero zone!
Ed Hall

Post by Ed Hall »

Subsequent question:

Why would a zero be scored as 0.0 instead of just 0, if tenths are not available?

I have shot a 0.0 in a final due to a leaking Daisy 777. The pellet left the barrel and rolled across the floor under the target - "Ed Hall, zero point zero!"

Take Care,
Ed Hall
FP570

Post by FP570 »

I think Barcelona was the first Olympics to run finals with elctronic targets. The manual scanners we used for AP would score an 11 when we first got it. Kinda cool, liek a volume knob that goes to eleven(spinal tap)
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

FP570 wrote:I think Barcelona was the first Olympics to run finals with elctronic targets. The manual scanners we used for AP would score an 11 when we first got it.
Now you're really pushing my memory. Didn't they change the AP targets slightly in 1989 to stop you scoring more than 10.9
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Ed Hall wrote:Why would a zero be scored as 0.0 instead of just 0, if tenths are not available?

I have shot a 0.0 in a final due to a leaking Daisy 777. The pellet left the barrel and rolled across the floor under the target - "Ed Hall, zero point zero!"
That's quite simple Ed, maximum humiliation ;-)

(The real answer is "no idea")