Anschuetz results in Peking

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

robf

Post by robf »

Walther got the 10m Mens AR.

Who else got what?
methosb

Post by methosb »

Women's 3P = Anschutz
Men's 3P = Anschutz
Men's Prone = Walther
peepsight

Post by peepsight »

Katerina looks like she is using an old model 2002 air rifle, please correct me if i'm wrong. These models were not fitted with recoil absorbers.
It would be interesting to find out what mods if any she has had done to it.
Peepsight
robf

Post by robf »

nope, they don't.

however, depending on how i hold it, it can feel like it jumps, or not.

the steyr is the deadest gun i've shot, my walther anatomic is more lively, but not as lively as the 2002 can be.

guess it shows that kit isnt king ;) (but i need all the help i can get :D)
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

Now that the Olympics is over it will be interesting to see who if any change to the new rifles for the new quadrennial.
methosb

Post by methosb »

The Anschutz 9003 S2 uses the Steyr dampener does it?

How does the Walther LG300XT compare to them vibration/recoil-wise?
peepsight

Post by peepsight »

You are correct, the Anshutz 9003 uses a Steyr stabiliser.
I have fired both the 9003 and the Walther LG-300XT and my personal preference is the Walther. I felt that there was a tad more feed back on the Walther which i liked but perhaps other shooters don't like. The 9003 is too 'dead' on firing for my liking. This is just my personal preference.
methosb

Post by methosb »

Yeah, I have been thinking about which air rifle to get once I gather up the money. I am quite tall and have long arms, so I find the FWB to be a good fit for me, but I find it to be too front heavy for me in general.

I really like the look of the Walthers and everyone says they are great, but they look very short between the butt and the pistol grip. Maybe that is just perception from the pictures. There aren't too many shooters around these parts and no one has Walthers here. I like the way the FWB shoots and agree about the deadness of the 9003.

9003 is very expensive here as well ($1000-1500 more), I don't really understand what you are paying for compared to what you get with a Walther or FWB, but Anschutz is definitely the most common here.
peepsight

Post by peepsight »

If its of any help, my favourite Anschutz is the 8002 without stabiliser.
They seem more popular even amongst some top shooters and are cheaper than the 9003
The stabiliser can be fitted to the 8002 as user fit kit but i wouldn't bother.