Sanderson might do something not done since 1960...

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
IPshooter

Sanderson might do something not done since 1960...

Post by IPshooter »

He's ranked #1 going into the RF Finals. The last time a USA shooter won gold in RF at the Olympics was Rome in 1960.
IPshooter

The RF Finals in on right now!

Post by IPshooter »

yurko40a

The RF Finals

Post by yurko40a »

Sasha Petriv did it! Ukrainian boys have been tough this year! Keep up the good job!
Misny

Post by Misny »

Although Keith faltered in the finals, I think he did very well (5th) considering that this was his first olympic games. I'm sure that having an olympic record score of 583 before the finals put the monkey on his back. I met Keith a few years ago at Camp Perry. He is an unassuming young man. He is very involved in his equipment and took the time to show me one of his pistols and explain the trigger job that he performed.

It looked like shooting .22 long rifle pistols didn't hinder the top shooters, as there were two olympic records broken.
Fred

Post by Fred »

Just to clarify the situation, technically 2 new Olympic records were set, but there were no Olympic records broken, because this was the first Olympics under the new RF rules. I don't remember the previous (.22 Short) RF records, but I'm sure they were higher.

FredB
jipe

Post by jipe »

Also the RF scores at the Olympics are much lower than the scores (that are also the RF records) done at the last WC in Munich and Milan.
shadow

Keith

Post by shadow »

My husband shot next to him one year at Camp Perry. he said that Keith seemed to have a lot of pent up energy. It looks like he found his niche in Rapid Fire!
Misny

Post by Misny »

Thanks for the correction Fred. My ignorance of past performances is evident.