Lube for Air Rifle

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Misny

Lube for Air Rifle

Post by Misny »

I have some Shooter's Choice High Tech Synthetic Grease. Will this work for lubing the hinges on my FWB 601? I also have a can of TSI 301. Am I good to go with these two products?
robf

Post by robf »

within reason, without knowing the specific product I would say that as long as it has no danger of getting into the compression chamber mechanism or the trigger, then it would be fine.

less is more... you dont want the thing covered in oil.

some synthetics can bind on metal, so best just test, but as i think we're only talking about a drop here and there on linkage, with excess wiped off, anything will do... even motor oil :D

i use a syringe for applying oil... its less mess and you can be more precise with placement and amount.
peepsight

Post by peepsight »

Get in touch with your US FWB importer and get the right grease for the job. The FWB grease is designed to work where metal runs on metal and where metal runs on plastic. This way you can be sure you are using the right grease. FWB designed this grease to be be multi purpose on all parts of the rifle. The hand book will show where to lubricate.
Peepsight
peepsight

Post by peepsight »

Forgot to say, FWB grease is a synthetic ACID FREE grease.
Misny

Post by Misny »

I was afraid that you might say that. I was hoping to avoid the expense and hassle of getting the FWB lube. It costs over $24.00 a tube and getting it might be another story. Midway says that all FWB items have a 60 day wait.
peepsight

Post by peepsight »

Ok, that seems expensive, Bob Beeman i believe has developed some lubricants for the FWB guns that complies with the criterior. Other than that ask an expert making sure it is acid free.
Misny

Post by Misny »

I did find this quote on the Shooter's Choice website:

INDUSTRY FINDS ALL-WEATHER GREASE USEFUL:
The hunting and shooting public has embraced Shooter's Choice All-Weather Gun Grease as one of the leaders in firearms lubricants ever since it was introduced in 1984. Its amazing properties are also well known and utilized within the shooting and receation industry.

Shooter's Choice All-Weather High-Tech Gun Grease is the choice of most paintball and pellet gun manufacturers for use on cocking mechanisms and more and more rollerblade and skateboard manufacturers are using it also. Oil-based lubricants and solvents are harmful to plastic and nylon parts on airguns and roller wheels while the familiar High-Tech Gun Grease is perfectly safe.
peepsight

Post by peepsight »

Misny
That looks like it will do the job. The FWB grease is a low viscosity grease and the best way i can describe it is like the SAVLON antiseptic cream if you have that or an eqivalent in the US you will know what i mean.
Peepsight
pwh

Post by pwh »

I purchased the FWB grease #1750.010.1. Yes, its a tad expensive but just a bit on the tip of a toothpick goes a loooong way.

This guy sells a lot of hard to find FWB parts and ships very fast.
I failed to find the shipping invoice but I did however have him bookmarked.

Here: http://stores.ebay.com/Olympic-Marksman-Equipment

~Phil
Misny

Post by Misny »

Thanks for everyone's help. I will probably go with the Shooter's Choice High Tech Grease for now, as I have it on-hand. It looks like it won't do any damage to the rifle.
laxratnd

hey

Post by laxratnd »

Hey, call 10 ring and they will answer all your questions. 904-724-7419. They should have what you need.

lax