Morini CM22 M

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
tleddy

Morini CM22 M

Post by tleddy »

I had an unusual event Sunday with the Morini.

The group size started to open up in a random distribution. My first opinion is that it is the loose nut behind the grip causing the problem. After regaining focus, no improvement. Went to the 25 yd line and still the same problem.

Suddenly realized that the gun felt mechanically "loose"... sure enough, the cap bolt on the bottom of the frame in front of the trigger guard had become very loose!

After tightening the cap bolt the groups returned to normal and finished up with a 97 and 95 in rapid fire.

Anyone out there have the same problem and, if so, what did you do for a permanent fix??

Tillman from the Dark Side
Jacktheshootist

CM22 frame bolt becoming loose

Post by Jacktheshootist »

This has been a constant problem with all models of the CM22M/32M. Ever since the arivel of that model. This is the main bolt that holds the upper and lower frames together.
You can use lock-tite. And you will have to use lock tite again after each cleaning of the gun. Why is Morini not fixing this problem?
tleddy

Morini CM22 M

Post by tleddy »

Thanks Jack...

Has anyone tried a star lock-washer for the bolt?

Tillman
Jacktheshootist

Re: Morini CM22 M

tleddy wrote:Thanks Jack...

Has anyone tried a star lock-washer for the bolt?

Tillman
The hole for the bolt in the lower frame is countersunk (cone). You will need a coneshaped locking washer...:-(
Gort

Post by Gort »

The screw on my CM22-RF is a Torx with a 82 degree conical head, precluding the use of a washer. Proper torque of the screw will fix the problem. Morini should provide the torque spec for the screw.
Gort
Jacktheshootist

Torquing down did not help much.

Gort wrote:The screw on my CM22-RF is a Torx with a 82 degree conical head, precluding the use of a washer. Proper torque of the screw will fix the problem. Morini should provide the torque spec for the screw.
Gort
Yes, it is a Torx. I have even invested in a special rubber handled Torx screwdriver to bring to the range along with my CM22M.
Torquing down does not help much. Retorquing often a must after some strings.
Reinhamre

Post by Reinhamre »

I was told once that a thin brass washer on the rear "post" does solve this problem. I know the problem from a CM 22 I had once. My new CM22 RF has not become loose yet after 2000 shots.

Kent
tleddy

Torx

Post by tleddy »

What is the bit size of the Torx for the bolt? I do not have any Torx at the moment and would like to get a "T" handle for my gun box.

Tillman
Reinhamre

Post by Reinhamre »

Renback

Post by Renback »

Also a owner of a quite new Morini CM22RF. Have not encuntered this problem.
jipe

Post by jipe »

I had to tighten again that bold one time on my CM22M RF after about 1000 shots, the first 1000 shots.

But I do not know how tight the bold was: it was factory (or reseller) tightened since, shame on me, I didn't cleaned nor dismount the pistol till it happened.

Since then, it didn't happen again.
Renback

Post by Renback »

jipe wrote:I had to tighten again that bold one time on my CM22M RF after about 1000 shots, the first 1000 shots.

But I do not know how tight the bold was: it was factory (or reseller) tightened since, shame on me, I didn't cleaned nor dismount the pistol till it happened.

You didn´t dismount it straight away just of keen intererest? 1000 shots is a lot..
That was the first thing I did.. :) Also dismounted the recoilspring and managed to mount it back the wrong way. However, thats sorted.

I think it´s the reseller that mounts the parts together (at least in my country beacause the law demands separate postage for the "vital parts")However. I think it is best to take preacausions not to wreck the thread, by the use of to much force. A factory torquevalue could be useful
I do not use excessive force when tightening the bolt. Have not experienced any losening of the bolt.

Regards

Toby
Renback

Post by Renback »

Gort wrote:The screw on my CM22-RF is a Torx with a 82 degree conical head, precluding the use of a washer. Proper torque of the screw will fix the problem. Morini should provide the torque spec for the screw.
Gort
Neeeeeeerd!! :)
Gort

Post by Gort »

Toby, Just 30+ years as a tool&die maker, Gort
Renback

Post by Renback »

Gort wrote:Toby, Just 30+ years as a tool&die maker, Gort
:)
I really appreciate people with a sense of details!
jipe

Post by jipe »

Renback wrote:
jipe wrote:I had to tighten again that bold one time on my CM22M RF after about 1000 shots, the first 1000 shots.

You didn´t dismount it straight away just of keen intererest? 1000 shots is a lot..
No, I adjusted the grip, trigger blade, sights but didn't dismount any further. And even after 1000 rounds, when I clean it for the first time, it wasn't dirty at all.