Ten-Meter Range

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
SeaBlue52

Ten-Meter Range

Post by SeaBlue52 »

This may seem like an odd question, but I have gotten conflicting information. I am setting up a ten-meter air pistol range in my back yard. Is the distance ten meters from the face of the target to ...

a. the muzzle of the pistol?
b. the toe of the shooter?
c. or to something else?

I'd like to practice as close as possible to match conditions. Thanks in advance for a little clarification.
LukeP

Re: Ten-Meter Range

Post by LukeP »

Ten meters from the target to a line on the ground that you do not have touch with your shoes.
SteveR

Re: Ten-Meter Range

Post by SteveR »

SeaBlue52 wrote:This may seem like an odd question, but I have gotten conflicting information. I am setting up a ten-meter air pistol range in my back yard. Is the distance ten meters from the face of the target to ...

a. the muzzle of the pistol?
b. the toe of the shooter?
c. or to something else?

I'd like to practice as close as possible to match conditions. Thanks in advance for a little clarification.
Extract for the ISSF Rules :

Shooting distances must be measured from the firing line to the target face. If pit operated targets are used the distance must be measured to the face of the front target, which must always be the competition target.

Shooting distances must be as exact as possible, subject to the following allowable variations.

10 m range
+/- 0.05 m
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Don't forget 6.3.8.5

The firing line must be clearly marked. The range distance must be measured from the target line to the edge of the firing line nearest to the shooter. The use of a board as a firing line is not permitted.
.donthc

Post by .donthc »

so would anyone consider long arms an advantage?

long arm + long barrel = short distance from muzzle to target. :)
j-team

Post by j-team »

long arm could wobble more!
Mellberg

Post by Mellberg »

Why would a long arm wobble more than a short arm?

If you pick up a round (a stone for example) object with a weight of 1kg and try to wobble it you will find no trouble doing that. Now try the same with a 6ft stick with the same weight. ;)