Good Luck in Beijing Daryl Szarenski!

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
envirohealthtech

Good Luck in Beijing Daryl Szarenski!

Post by envirohealthtech »

Job well done. It was a nail biter. Looking forward to the same action in August. Good Luck to all USA Olympic Team Shooters! We are all rootin' for you.

Beth Wallace
Arizona
wra

A heart-attack match

Post by wra »

Before the last final, Keith Sanderson had done the math and let a few of us know what the breakdown needed to be in the Free Pistol finals.

John Zurek had a slight edge going in, being the best two finals of three stood, and his first day final would likely be the one he dropped.

When it came down to the last two shots, you could have heard a pin drop. At that point, the match was nearly even.

Such a great match. I'm sorry I didn't get it on video tape. But my camera had all the noise makers turned on so I shut it down before the first shot in the finals.

Having trained at the range with JZ for the past 6 weeks or so, I was rooting for him. Tomorrow I'll go through the photos I took to check for keepers.

Also, since Becky Snyder doubled, Brenda Shinn goes to Beijing for AP, and since Jason Turner doubled, Brian Beaman goes to Beijing for AP. Congratulations to the whole team!

Jon, Phx AZ.
Dogchaser

Post by Dogchaser »

I don't understand what doubled is with Snyder. Does she still go?

I shoot at the range she started on here in Western CO.

Thanks
Chris

Post by Chris »

Does this mean that Beki and Jason get to shoot in both events also?
Matt

Post by Matt »

The Dardas' are all behind you Daryl!!! I wish you lived on Jones Road - we'd have the Olympic Rings painted in the road in front of your house! All of us oldtimers here in the 'Meca of Shooting' (Essexville, Bay City, Saginaw and Midland) are and will be pulling for you in Bejing!!!

Bring home a medal!

Matt
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Dogchaser wrote:I don't understand what doubled is with Snyder. Does she still go?
If a shooter is going to the Olympics to occupy a quota place then, provided that he/she has an MQS in another event, he/she can also be entered in that other event. This is always provided that the shooter's country does not already have the maximum number of entries for the other event.
wra

Doubling

Post by wra »

Sorry, the notice of a thread follow up went to a spam box.

"Doubling" means, in this case, that Jason Turner won two events. So did Beckie Snyder.

We have three quota slots between Men's Free and Air Pistol. But Jason fills two of those slots so we get to send a second shooter in Air Pistol. The three shooters are Jason Turner and Brian Beaman in AP, and Jason Turner and Daryl Szarenski in Free Pistol.

Similar thing happened in Women's AP and Sport Pistol. Becky Snyder doubled so Brenda Shinn gets to shoot in AP since she was 2nd place, and three shooters get to attend.