Feinwerkbau aw93 recoil absorber VS Izh-hr-30.

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
LukeP

Feinwerkbau aw93 recoil absorber VS Izh-hr-30.

Post by LukeP »

Reading online seems fwb aw93 lack of many things in front of his mother izh-hr-30. Several generic non detailed differences are addressed to feinwerkbau.

I'm wondering if the recoil sistem is different.
Below a pic of izh-hr-30 recoil part, last pics is a russian derived similar to aw93 ones.
Anyone else can post detailed pics of fwb aw93 for comparison?

Great shooting,
LukeP.
Attachments
688678.jpg
688678.jpg (39.66 KiB) Viewed 2988 times
688676.jpg
688676.jpg (39.06 KiB) Viewed 2988 times
688668.jpg
688668.jpg (24.99 KiB) Viewed 2988 times
688666.jpg
688666.jpg (26.64 KiB) Viewed 2988 times
690109.jpg
690109.jpg (33.27 KiB) Viewed 3003 times
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Don't have my AW93 here, but as far as my memory goes, it has the spring in front and lacks the breaking system, rest is similar. Just checked out my KhR-31, looks the same as the -30, espcially the rear buffer, only much lighter. Is that your -30?
LukeP

Post by LukeP »

Unfortunately pics are on the net... ;(

I found this pics on russian forum, also Ruig was posting there. http://talks.guns.ru/forummessage/16/214493-2.html

From what i understood with google translator, it's ammortized sistem with screw regulation (lacking in aw93), and they talk about testing spring for use with selected ammo . The forum indicates also other minor fitting differences.

Steyr lp10 absorber's mass, don't have a similar retaining system and spring?

P.S. I'm evaluating new standard pistol.
There is a special offer for used mg2 from factory: mechanically renewed and reconditioned and with personalized grip 850 euro.
For comparision aw93 with factory grip is 1700 euro.
I'm searching information deciding what is the best one for me, surfing the net i found that pics.
jipe

Post by jipe »

LukeP wrote: P.S. I'm evaluating new standard pistol.
There is a special offer for used mg2 from factory: mechanically renewed and reconditioned and with personalized grip 850 euro.
For comparision aw93 with factory grip is 1700 euro.
I'm searching information deciding what is the best one for me, surfing the net i found that pics.
MG2 and AW93 are two essentially very different pistols. I would expect that if you like the feeling of one of them you won't like the other => I think it is very important to try both to see which one fits for you.

For the price point of view, the AW93 is one of the most expensive.
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

There is another set of pictures in that discussion thread, of the KhR-86. That one's absorber weight very much looks like the FWB's. I have an article about Kahidurov's pistols somewhere, where the author writes that the AW93 is based on the KhR-79 / KhR-82 design, so that could be about right. If anybody ever gets his hands on of those pistols, call me :-D
Walter

Post by Walter »

Here's the AW93 weight.

The larger absorber piston is hollow, with a guide rod in the center. the guide rod aligns the inner spring.
There is a metal plate under the piston which allows it to travel in its channel smoothly.

There is no adjustability to either the front or rear absorber springs, but a recoil spring can be cut down and used to replace the front spring pins, thereby allowing adjustment by removing the front screws and replacing the springs with a length of your choosing.

Feinwerkbau made the large piston spring and the front pair of springs work so they have similar compression characteristics under recoil.
ruig

Post by ruig »

I have the same dilemma since winter... what pistol to buy? For rapid fire & standard pistol (150'/20'/10').
I have compared some information-sources, which i trust in. I have visited in third time WC-Munich, i have visited Arms-Exibition in Nuernberg (IWA). I have spoken & seen.

I have ordered AW93 for me. Ok, not so good clone/copy, but it is only modern sport pistol, which we can buy, with magazine in grip (+balance, +barrel length). I have hesitated between AW93, MG2RF and Pardini-E (exaclty in this order). I have ordered AW93, but i still want MG2 as second pistol. May be later...

P.S.: Today I could not understand price-policy between MG and Resellers.
If look at price-list of Gehmann (official reseller), we could see:
MG2 ~ 1200 Euro
MG2RF ~ 1600 Euro
Conversion kit MG2->MG2RF ~ 400 Euro
Have You noticed the difference??
Of course - it makes sense to buy MG2 + Conversation kit = You get "spare parts" at least for FREE! You could modify MG2... without extra price. I dont understand this, but it is cool ;)