Advice Needed

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Fred Mannis

attachments to posting

Post by Fred Mannis »

Like this?
Steve Swartz

Post by Steve Swartz »

Yep like that- thanks Fred- how do we do that? Do we have to be registered users? I have an updated chart and an accompanying table (word document describing drills for most of the dimensions) that goes along with it- Fred, did I ever send you the drills table?

Steve

[also- I will freely adimt that the chart and accompanying table do require some additional explanification; which I am enthusiastically willing to provide. And no, it ain't copyrighted but I would appreciate attribution.]
Russ

Swartz - Skills Pyramid

Post by Russ »

Yes! Now it's clear for me.
This is the cure for all our problems and it is NOW obvious must help "JR"!
Before it was all about “Subconscious performance”…. Right now it is new “Swartz - Skills Pyramid”
I’m jus curious what will be next…..
Steve Swartz

Post by Steve Swartz »

Here we go again (apparently) . . .

"also- I will freely adimt that the chart and accompanying table do require some additional explanification; which I am enthusiastically willing to provide. And no, it ain't copyrighted but I would appreciate attribution."

Dude, whatever.

Steve

(I thought I was asking for some advice on how to make content readily available to anyone who was interested, in order to provide the background/reference point for conversation. I didn't realize I was providing a compete set of materials suitable for replacing professional coaching . . . then again, maybe such a thing is possible after all!)
Russ

What is the clue ????

Post by Russ »

Steve Swartz wrote:Here we go again (apparently) . . .

"also- I will freely adimt that the chart and accompanying table do require some additional explanification; which I am enthusiastically willing to provide. And no, it ain't copyrighted but I would appreciate attribution."

Dude, whatever.

Steve

(I thought I was asking for some advice on how to make content readily available to anyone who was interested, in order to provide the background/reference point for conversation. I didn't realize I was providing a compete set of materials suitable for replacing professional coaching . . . then again, maybe such a thing is possible after all!)
Apparently NEXT will be "professional coaching"....
What is the clue backside of that wonderful knowledge?
Special physical education (sport psychology, sport medicine, successful athletic career, world-class competitive scores or just a dream)And this will be available for "professional coaching" too???
Written by...... Great!

Copyright what? How to score AP 560 and FP 530?
What is your's International performance in Free pistol , Steve?
524 or 52..... it was even less than 530 ... correct me if I wrong( It Was Munich)? We still can read official information.
It is OK to post it yours thoughts here for free..... but do it for "professional coaching".... it is too much!
We need information from guys Who Knows How to.....Who having enough International Expirience and top notch kwnowelege in psychology and sport medicine a master's degree at least.....
By my personal View you are BIG enthusiast of Olympic style Pistol shooting.... your level of performance is Recreational, your education is in business.... DO NOT TOUCH PLEASE "professional coaching"....
Do not take it personally as usual it is not about you and me.... it can affect other ahelets performance ....and stop them for many years to make real progress.
This is my two cents
Last edited by Russ on Thu May 22, 2008 6:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
Russ

Where are all GREAT American Pistol Shooters go?

Post by Russ »

Where is Bill Demarest? "He must providie a compete set of materials suitable for replacing professional coaching "

"Final World Record was set by Bill Demarest (USA) on 4th June 2000 in the World Cup in Milan"
Sincerely yours!
Ruslan Dyatlov
mntryal

excuse me

Post by mntryal »

Steve,

Thank you for sharing your ideas and approaches. Almost all of us who are paying attention will take in what you say, extract the parts which help, and filter out the rest.

Russ,

I'll put this as gently as I can: SHUT UP! When Steve is done, either send $1000 to his paypal account or don't, depending on how useful his ideas are to you.

JMO and YMMV,
Al
Russ

Have fun guys :)

Post by Russ »

Keep having great fun guys :)
Last edited by Russ on Thu May 22, 2008 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

I don't know about anyone else but what really hacks me off is a "my way or no way" attitude to coaching.

Some people want professional coaching, good for them.

Some people just want advice that they can cherry-pick, that's also good.

Not all professional coaching is high quality.

Not all free advice is worthwhile.
Haleva

Post by Haleva »

Steve Swartz wrote:how do we do that? Do we have to be registered users?
Yes steve, you have to login if you want to post with a file attachment
Steve Swartz

Post by Steve Swartz »

Thanks- that explains why I have been unable to do so up to now!

Guess I'll have to register now . . .

Steve
Fred Mannis

Post by Fred Mannis »

Steve Swartz wrote:Thanks- that explains why I have been unable to do so up to now!

Steve
Steve,
That is good news indeed! It is a sign of your commitment to provide material in a more useable/accessable format despite the compromise to your privacy.

Fred

P.S. How about a picture?
jackh

Post by jackh »

The pyramid seems to me to be another form of a list of steps at a time that overlap into a flow. Many of the steps can be trained and practiced individually. Thats training. Even subsets can be combined in training.
Shin
Site Admin

Post by Shin »

Steve Swartz wrote:Thanks- that explains why I have been unable to do so up to now!

Steve
Actually you are the main reason why Guest posting is still enabled :)
Steve Swartz

Post by Steve Swartz »

Yes Jack- it's a "causal map" or a "prerequisite map" but as you say the individual boxes represent the individual "elements" that can be worked on individually and in conjunction with one another.

My plan is to go over the map in detail (and in a sequence useful for a developing shooter) across in my "Lesson X" threads. This will include the mapping of specific drills for each "element" and guidelines for measuring progress. Ultimately will end with how to organize your training effort from a "maximizing bang for the buck" perspective.

Shinn- anonymous/guest posting can be incredibly

a) amusing, and
b) revealing*

at times. I know that cowards hide behind anonymity to push one form of scallawaggery or another at times, but that's perhaps a price worth paying for the unique information provided?

Maybe not . . .

Just my (as always humble etc.) $0.02 US!

Steve

*my favorite is when a single person will post as multiple people in order to create a chorus of agreement for their position . . . What A Hoot!
Haleva

Post by Haleva »

Shin wrote: Actually you are the main reason why Guest posting is still enabled :)
Maybe it is a good timing to block guest users....
Brian M

Post by Brian M »

Haleva wrote:
Shin wrote: Actually you are the main reason why Guest posting is still enabled :)
Maybe it is a good timing to block guest users....
No time like the present... though there are a few other "guest" posters who've been nothing but honest. As usual, it's the minority of worthless people who ruin it for the many. :/

Brian
Chris

Post by Chris »

can we block Russ
Dogchaser

Post by Dogchaser »

Chris wrote:can we block Russ
Please don't, I want to hear some of his wisdom besides just breaking balls.

I've learned a few things here from Jipe, Steve and others, but I'm waiting for the break through discovery from Russ.
Chris

Post by Chris »

There is a certain amount of humor he brings to the place.

It would be nice if we could all get along, share our knowledge with each other, promote our sport and go out to the range and shoot.