Am I missing something?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
jacques b gros

Am I missing something?

Post by jacques b gros »

Some days ago I posted an enquiry about a place to buy pellets over the counter in NYC, since I'll spend 2 days there.

Also sent an e-mail to a fellow shooter located in NY.

No answers to any of them!!!

If someone posts ANY question about shooting in Brazil, you can bet that at least I would post some answer, if nothing else to say "I don't know" or "can't be done".

Best
AAlex

Post by AAlex »

jacques, sorry that I didn't answer your inquiry. I didn't because you asked "where". Now that you modified your question to "can I?", now I can answer it : )

You see, NYC is exempt from 2nd amendment of the Constitution of the United States, and hence you can't own guns, including airguns, and that's why you won't find a place that sells pellets there either.

New Jersey is pretty close though, but if you buy pellets there, and then bring them back to NYC (I assume you'll be flying via JFK), I'm wouldn't be surprised if that would be considered a felony with minimum 10 year prison sentence.
jacques b gros

Thanks!

Post by jacques b gros »

So we're not alone in our problems here in Brazil with guns & etc!

So much for my praised precison in writing...Right you are: can't buy in NY!

In fact, my brother "drives" a $50 million plane for his boss, and normally they fly into NJ, so now I have another question:

Where can I buy pellets in NJ?

thanks for the info
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

Quality pellets is a pretty niche market. I all of North America you can probably count the number of people that sell quality pellets. So don't take it as no one cares, it just that there really aren't that many that sell them. I hazard most buy their pellets on line form people such as Scott who runs this forum.
jacques b gros

Post by jacques b gros »

Right you are, Richard.

the problem is that I cannot mail it into Brazil:

Some people tried to import directly, paying levvies et al. The first thing, since it came from a munitions factory, customs called in the army. Took some 2 months for someone to come by and affirm that this is not controlled (it is not). Then the sh.t head read the warning about lead toxidity. Called someone else to access that it was not a chemical weapon. Then the shooters abandoned the goods...

And buying online to send to a hotel where my brother will stay, before he arrives risks that the hotel does not accepts. And ordering after he gets there might arrive after he leaves. (they have already flown to NY with two crews, departing Sao Paulo in the evening, arriving in the morning in NJ and flying back on the same day at night.)

Maybe he'll fly into Texas sometime. Then I'll buy 50kg of it...
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

Are you only going to NYC while in the States? I gladly part with a sleeve or two, but unfortunately I'm up here in Canada.
Fred Mannis

Post by Fred Mannis »

jacques b gros wrote: And buying online to send to a hotel where my brother will stay, before he arrives risks that the hotel does not accepts. And ordering after he gets there might arrive after he leaves. (they have already flown to NY with two crews, departing Sao Paulo in the evening, arriving in the morning in NJ and flying back on the same day at night.)
Jacques,
I have shipped packages to myself c/o a specific Fedex Kinkos store, for pickup by myself. For example, I have shipped my air pistol in this manner to Colorado rather than taking it on an aircraft. So, if you buy pellets from, say, Pilkingtons to be shipped via Fedex to a specific Fedex Kinkos store in NJ, you can then go to that store, identify yourself, and pick up the package. You can locate a convenient location http://www.fedex.com/us/officeprint/main/ and then call them to confirm that they will hold a package for pickup by you.

Fred
jacques b gros

Post by jacques b gros »

Jacques,
I have shipped packages to myself c/o a specific Fedex Kinkos store, for pickup by myself. For example, I have shipped my air pistol in this manner to Colorado rather than taking it on an aircraft. So, if you buy pellets from, say, Pilkingtons to be shipped via Fedex to a specific Fedex Kinkos store in NJ, you can then go to that store, identify yourself, and pick up the package. You can locate a convenient location http://www.fedex.com/us/officeprint/main/ and then call them to confirm that they will hold a package for pickup by you.

Fred[/quote]

Fred, thanks for the idea. There is a place close to the Teterboro airport, where my brother will stay.

And I found someone in Long Island that supplies the pellets. As much as I would like to buy from Pilkguns, it seems rather silly ship lead across 75% of the US.

The shop in Long Island is Cobra Airguns. Sent them e-mail asking if there are no restrictions in that aea.

Thanks a lot.
jacques b gros

Post by jacques b gros »

Richard H wrote:Are you only going to NYC while in the States? I gladly part with a sleeve or two, but unfortunately I'm up here in Canada.
Thanks for the kind offer, but the distance would spoil it. Not that I would not enjoy driving in the Canadian spring. Been there years ago, in September.

Very nice place.
jacques b gros

Problem solved

Post by jacques b gros »

Friends,

With your help, I found a mail drop (the plane's parking lot, an FBO in the airport that will hold mail and parcels for the plane's crew) and that Ohio is not so far from NJ freightwise.

So Champion Shooters is sending the pellets and a shaker box.

Thanks all for the help.