Trigger release exercises

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Nick_Burman

Trigger release exercises

Post by Nick_Burman »

Hi all,

What are the best ways of improving one's trigger release? I know a few exercises, like dry-firing against a blank wall, live-firing on a vertical stripe target and/or on a blank target. I would like to get more info on how to improve my release and other exercises which might be handy.

Also, how does one control release quality when firing agains a blank wall or target? What are the indicators one should be looking for?

Cheers NB
2650 Plus

Trigger pressure

Post by 2650 Plus »

I will need to clarify tearms just a bit. First I do not release the trigger, and instead apply a steadily increasing pressure to the trigger until the pistol or rifle fires. In standing I try to anticipate when a period of best stillness is going to occur and am prepared to apply a rather aggressive pressure when the stillness ocurrs. This must be accomplished with out disturbine the stillness in any way. I hear a click and nothing moves on a perfect shot. If there is movement then it was not a perfect shot. One additional check for perfection is mental. Did I think about the trigger or was my mental program focused on sights and hold. Sights and hold are good things and trigger is bad,. If I have been able to provide any insight that helps , that is good also. Good Shooting Bill Horton