Grip changing for Morini CM162 EL

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Richard Blackburn

Grip changing for Morini CM162 EL

Post by Richard Blackburn »

Hi everyone

I've ordered a new grip for my Morini 162 EL (mark 2). I don't have an instruction book and though I can see the fixing bolts in the grip, I'm slightly concerned that I might break some electrical connection if I just unscrew the bolts and pull off the old grip. Is there a trick to this? Or if anyone can point me in the direction of an online instruction book that would be great. I've googled for one, but can't find one. I couldn't see one on the Morini website (but maybe that's me being unobservant).

My local shop told me they'll try and get an instruction book, but no luck so far.

Many Thanks

Richard
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

I changed the grip so many times now on my 162EI and the 102E, I can't imagine any problems with the electronics from this. Just take out the two screws at the back and pull the thing off. It's quite sturdy.
Steve Swartz

Post by Steve Swartz »

You could open the hatch and take the battery (ies) out first as a precaution- that way the board won't be in danger of being inadvertently energized and/or shorted out with a metal screwdriver.

Also- who sold you a gun without an owner's manual?

Not sure about APs but IIRC the mfgr of any firearms sold in the USA is required to provide an owner's manual, free of charge, upon request. That might be folklore. But I've always promptly received an owner's manual (once via email in pdf form) whenever I have requested one from a mfgr.

Steve Swartz
David M

Grip Change

Post by David M »

1. Undo the battery cover. With the pistol turned off, gently pull the circuit board down out of the grip.
(With the circuit removed the install later is easier.)
2. Undo the the two grip screws (note two different lengths)
3. Remove grip.

To Install
1. Fit grip to frame and install the two grip screws (checking length).
2. Slide the circuit board into grip, and start the board into the plug.
3. Push the board firmly into plug. (Install battery if removed)
4. Re install battery cover and check trigger circuit.
Richard Blackburn

Changing grips for Morini 162 EL

Post by Richard Blackburn »

Thanks everyone, that's helpful.

In answer to queries...

My 'local shop' was in fact the NSRA - my national association shop, next to the ranges. The Morini was second-hand, but a reasonably good price & excellent condition, so I was willing to wave an instruction book goodbye, especially as they said they'd try to get me one. I'm competing in a rifle match there this week-end, so I'll call in and remind them. I don't think there's any rule here that you have to be supplied with an instruction book. Luck of the draw I suppose.

I'll try emailing Morini to see if they'll send one.

Should have the new grip in a few weeks, so hopefully the flyers will decrease in number!

Many thanks again for the input.

Richard
jak10x1

162 grip

Post by jak10x1 »

Go to the Morini website and you can download the owners manual in PDF. It's the same as the one you get with the gun.

John