Grunig RS Revolution Stock

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Bullseye

Grunig RS Revolution Stock

Post by Bullseye »

Does any one have any knolage of the Grunig RS Revolution Stock?
Thanks Wes
bruce

G+E Revolution stock

Post by bruce »

A well made alloy stock, CNC machined from a forged blank, as opposed to the casting process used in the manufacture of some of the cheaper alloy stocks. http://www.edinkillie.co.uk/grunig/intro.htm
BM

Post by BM »

superior quality, especially because it's CNC Machined and not, like Anschutz, die casting.

The adjustments of the cheek rest are perfect.

Unfortunately you don't see many international smallbore shooters shooting the stock, they use it primarely in fullbore. Reason??? don't know!

Check for more info: www.gruenel.com
B&S

grunig stock

Post by B&S »

my daughter shoots one in ncaa 3 position. She likes it a lot. I machined some knobs to replace the allen screws that tighten the knobs for the cheek piece and the but plate adjustement. They are real handy and it is easy to make an adjustement while in position without reaching for a tool. if that appeals to you let me know.

bob
aim4au

Re: Grunig RS Revolution Stock

Post by aim4au »

At first, it was difficult getting accustomed to the features and adjustments. Since I've now got the adjustments where I need them, my 3P aggregate average has gone up at least 40 points. If you're shooting mediocre scores in Prone and 3P, this is definitely the stock to get. I use it with an Anschutz 1907 action, which requires an adapter plate to fit the barrel into the stock. Overall, it's the best shooting investment I've made in years. I've attached a picture of it.
Attachments
DCP00298-2.jpg
wrc

Post by wrc »

aim4au wrote:.... Since I've now got the adjustments where I need them, my 3P aggregate average has gone up at least 40 points. ...
I'm interested to know which particular adjustments made the most difference to your scores. Can you offer some analysis? I'm intriuiged about the adjustablity & also considering re-stocking. I know each shooter is different, but your insight would be helpful.
aim4au

Post by aim4au »

What you said about each shooter being different really applies to me. Because I'm disabled, my physical proportions are far different from most shooters.

For me, the greatest adjustments are in the pistol grip, cheekpiece, and buttplate. The pistol grip and cheekpiece are almost universally adjustable. They can be moved forward or backward, and side to side. The pistol grip is available in 2 sizes. The cheekpiece also moves up and down and can even be turned inward or outward on an angle to the stock. I have a Meck aluminum buttplate on it, which is also highly adjustable in any direction. The rail for the handstop is offset and reversible, so you can bring the handstop and sling closer to you. As on most rifles these days, the trigger is also adjustable in any direction.

I hope that's helpful.
Last edited by aim4au on Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
js-rs

rs stock

Post by js-rs »

I have one of these stocks
it is really goot i use it for 7.62 tr
ask if you have any questions
methosb

Post by methosb »

I am looking seriously at getting this rifle.

They have it as a packaged rifle now with their new butt plates they have developed:
http://www.gruenelshop.ch/ac_home.php?l ... &content=6

Problem is, a change of barrel is not an option with the package from what I have been told by a supplier here. I really need a 2007 rather than a 2013, and to put it all together in parts it costs a lot more. I can get the parts together and the stock for ~ the same with a MEC or Ans butt plate, but after having a decent look at that G+E butt plate I was really looking forward to using it :(
10x

Post by 10x »

Hello
I use a RS 2 stock with a 2013 action/barrel and find it very good. When I was thinking of buying the stock I e-mailed Grunig quit a few times with different questions, They replied very quickly and were a great help. I do not see why they cannot supply with a 2007 barrel, It will take a little longer but they can order a 2007 just as easy as a 2013 from Anschutz where they might not have one in stock. If you take your suppliers word and not ask direct you will never know....
Regards Adrian...
Hip's Ax

Post by Hip's Ax »

I shoot an RSII for position. I adore it and would never go back to my old wooden stock. As previously mentioned virtually everything is adjustable.
"Where the heck did that 8 come from?!"
methosb

Post by methosb »

I really want to get this rifle, but it is damn expensive. I am still tossing and turning over whether to get it. On one hand it is pretty much exactly what I want and I will have it for a long time. On the other, I can get a FWB and mod it to be nearly exactly what I want and would still have enough left over to buy and entire Kurt Thune get up and then some with the money saved :/

Second option is probably the smart one...
Hip's Ax

Post by Hip's Ax »

I put off replacing my old wooden 54 for years because I didn't want to spend the money. Now that I have my G&E 2013 I wonder how I ever struggled along with that old single extractor warhorse.

My scores went up immediately.

I spent the money on the rifle and good shoes. I'm making due with off the rack entry level jacket and pants.

The rifle will last forever, jackets and pants wear out and need replacement. Thats how I convinced myself.

I almost bought a Walther space gun instead of the G&E 2013 but convinced myself that any company other than Anschutz does not have the parts and support available like Anschutz.

I bit down hard and paid, I'm glad I did.

Planning on getting custom Kurt Thune or other shooting jacket and pants AFTER this stiff pants rule thing is either dead and buried or implemented.
"Where the heck did that 8 come from?!"
methosb

Post by methosb »

I bit down and ordered my new RS III KK (2007 barrel and action). Can't wait :)