Free Pistol

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
dan17c

Free Pistol

Post by dan17c »

i am after some advise on what free pistol to purchase, i am new to free pistol and cant decide between the Morini, Matchgun or Toz?
the Toz seems to be very scarse here in Australia so it may be down to Morini Vs Matchgun.
has anyone used the Matchgun and have any comments on them?
TenX

Post by TenX »

My friend has just recently bought the new morini free pistol. It is a very positive gun! If you do buy one get the one with the electronic trigger.. it has a much better feeling to it. My friend who bought is on the National Development Team (step away from being on the Olympic Team).. He made it with that gun.. He has no problems with it what so ever. It is also very balanced. There isn't really much weight at the front of the barrel. I have absolutly no negitives for that gun!
TenX

Post by TenX »

I aslo forgot to tell you, i shoot a pardini free pistol. Those as well are very good guns! I have a mechanical trigger on it and it is very smooth! I really like the front sight on that gun as well.. its thick and easy to see and concentrate on. At 50 meters with eley ten x it will shoot a 10 shot group a little bit smaller than your pincky fingernail! No negitives for that gun as well.
Mark Briggs

Post by Mark Briggs »

The Matchguns pistol is very much like the now-defunct Hammerli FP-10, but without the dodgey trigger of the FP-10. Having shot the FP-10 a bit, and having owned a couple of Morini CM-84E's, I'd say that each design has its strengths and weaknesses. The Matchguns pistol is in the same class of pistol - which means that technically the difference between the performance of this pistol and any other top-end free pistol is virtually nil. What really makes the difference is how they perform in your hand. As always, the best advice remains "try before you buy" if you can!
sportshooter

Post by sportshooter »

Mark Briggs wrote:What really makes the difference is how they perform in your hand. As always, the best advice remains "try before you buy" if you can!
Well said by "Mark Briggs"!

If you like the sights, the trigger and the balance of the gun then buy it. Get a good grip and modify it for your hand. Then practice a lot, shooting freepistol is fun and very good basic training for other disciplines.
ColinC

Post by ColinC »

Talk to some of the guys who own MatchGun Free pistols. Most have some issues with trigger not setting and have had to have them serviced. A beautiful gun when it works but frustrating when it doesn't go bang every time. A sure way to develop a flinch.
ColinC

Post by ColinC »

Talk to some of the guys who own MatchGun Free pistols. Most have some issues with trigger not setting and have had to have them serviced. A beautiful gun when it works but frustrating when it doesn't go bang every time. A sure way to develop a flinch.
2650 Plus

Free Pistol

Post by 2650 Plus »

Just a very minor dissagrement with ColinC's comment about a pistol that fails to fire every time the trigger is pressed. I dont believe this will cause a flinch but it will surely help you identify one if you are having a problem with that error patern. Other wise we are in agreement on the remainder of his statement. Good Shooting Bill Horton

Post by Guest »

I own a TOZ and have no complaints about it, do make sure to get a Rink grip on it if you get one, I can not stand the Morini log of a grip. I am not a fan of the Morini electronic trigger either, I know of a Morini free that has gone through three or four different triggers to finally find one that worked correctly. Yes, they were new triggers FROM morini too.