Nill-Griffe US distributor?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
dlb

Nill-Griffe US distributor?

Post by dlb »

Who carries Nill grips is the US?

I know that you can order through their website, but would like to speak w/ someone familiar w/ their line.

thnx
tenex

Re: Nill-Griffe US distributor?

Post by tenex »

dlb wrote:Who carries Nill grips is the US?

I know that you can order through their website, but would like to speak w/ someone familiar w/ their line.

thnx
I don't think there is one. I believe Larry Carter was the last US distributer. ISS in Texas used to carry them, but not anymore.

The last Nill grip I bought I had to get from the web sight.

Steve.
Neil Foster

Post by Neil Foster »

You will deal with a chap by the name of Alasdair. He is a Scot who works for Nill in Germany. A really fine chap. They only work with the web.
Neil
davidInOttawa

Re: Nill-Griffe US distributor?

Post by davidInOttawa »

I recently ordered and received two grips from Nill.. and they are very well made.. I did order from them directly, and had no major problems.. (ordering from Canada). They were very accommodating, and sent me pictures of the actual grips that were available.. so I could select the finish and grain that I liked.

They do accept credit cards, but they (or rather the German govt) require an *original* signed copy of the BAFA form (an import/export document that confirms that the gun part will remain in the country it is being exported to)... sorry if my explanation is inaccurate, but that was the gist of what I remember.

So.. I had to airmail the signed form to Nill (fax not acceptable), and then it took about three weeks from their receipt of that form, for the grips to be sent.

I received the grips within about 5 days of their shipping confirmation, and had NO problems with Customs here in Canada.

I am very pleased with the grips.. one is a target pair in walnut, and the other is a presentation pair in highly figured walnut (beautiful!).

Cheers,

David
Neil Foster

Post by Neil Foster »

Hi David,
That must be something new. When I ordered ISSF grips for my K-38 I made the order cooresponed with Alasdair and used my credit card. I did not have to send any form to them. Since you live in Canada, could that be a Canadian requirement? As I said it may be something new with the German authorities, I however, did not need to do that.
Neil
dlb

Post by dlb »

How do you get in touch w/ Alasdair? I'd submitted an inquiry a while ago and the response didn't seem to be from someone fluent in English.

Their ordering interface is a little confusing. The grips are listed independently by hand and size, even the adjustable match grips. But if the size is specified when you order, how is the sketch of your hand incorporated? I'm assuming that they expect you to select within a range of dimensions after which the grip is customized to your actual hand dimensions.
mactec

Post by mactec »

FYI: Although you can order direct from Nill's website in Germany, we have been the sole US importer and Nill dealer for the last 3 years. You will pay a slightly higher shipping cost by ordering direct from Nill. We only stock a small selection of Nill's entire product line (HK, Sig Sauer, CZ, Browning, Beretta, etc.), but we can special order any model with 3-8 weeks lead time. The lead time when ordering direct from Nill is about the same as ours, as Nill ships orders to the USA in bulk about once a month. BTW, Nill's USA sales rep is now Hendrik Giessler...Alasdair is no longer working for Nill.

MacTec Enterprises
Classic & Collectible Arms Sales