Cleaning air pistol

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
somewhereinla

Cleaning air pistol

Post by somewhereinla »

I am not sure how to properly clean my LP@. There are so many "Kits". various cleaning products, felt pellets etc... It get to be a bit confusing. I would love to know what you guys do to take good care of your air pistols, what brand of products you use and if possible where is a good place to get all that stuff. Is there a good kit that have everything you need and is designed for air guns?

cheers.
Neil Foster

Post by Neil Foster »

Probably not needed. I doubt the felt pellets do aything. I have a bore snake made for air guns. It is just the cloth part and no brass/bronze bristles. Safe to use. Avoid solvent type lubes that can be damaging to the o ring seals. If I need to lube anything I use the stuff Scott supplies with his guns, or a synthetic lube for pivot parts.
Neil
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

Occasionally shoot a few felts (they do clean just ttake a look at them after you shoot them) then maybe once a year run a pull through through it.

No need for solvents or anyhting else. Besides that a little silicon lube on the seals and that it.
warpmaster

Post by warpmaster »

As mentioned above nothing major just wipe down your pistol after practice to remove finger stains and the sweat. Fire a few cleaning wads every 100 - 200 shots or so.

Other than that acid free silicone grease on the "O" rings every few 100 shots, my LP10 manual says 1000 shots but most shooters say that in winter you need to apply it more frequently.

cheers ;-)