LP 10 - taller front sight?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
pauln

Post by pauln »

Dennis Waterman as Terry McCann

George Cole as Arthur Daley
John Ariani

Post by John Ariani »

Terry: 'your having a lend of me aren't you???'
Arthur: 'What?!! Terry. Would I do that?
Fred Mannis

Post by Fred Mannis »

John Ariani wrote:Fred - I thought 'having a lend of me' was an expression from your home country? The UK.
I was in the UK for a year at university, but a native - no. Took me almost a year to figure out what the characters on Zed Cars were talking about :-)

I'm glad to read that you have made the 12 o'clock hold work for you. I need to go back and read the earlier discussion. Did you have to make other adjustments to your shot process in going from sub 6 to 12?
Denis

Post by Denis »

I think you'll find an Anschutz LP@ Junior front sight will fit and is taller by about 3 mm.
John Ariani

Post by John Ariani »

Fred, other than finding a new 'settle area' and by using the top of the target (as opposed to the bottom of the bull in sub six) as the 'gauge'.
Also making sure that the 12 o'clock was high enough (hence I tend to refer to my hold as super 12) so that the bull never gets a chance to 'peek' out from behind the front sight. It really isn't that much different than shooting at a blank target, other than knowing of course that there's a 10 ring beckoning, and I dearly want to put a hole through it.
James

Post by James »

Heck I use a five o'clock hold.