Air Arms New Alpha Series Compressed Air Pistol

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
randy8745

Air Arms New Alpha Series Compressed Air Pistol

Post by randy8745 »

I was at the Coaches Conference at the OTC early this year and Air Arms was their showing a prototype of their new Alpha Series Compressed Air Pistol. The pistol is a converted version of their CO2 model. Does anybody have information on when the pistol may come onto the market? I have heard that a working prodotype did make it into the US, but haven't heard any comments on it's performance. The Air Arms had orginally planned on introducing the pistol this spring and then later I heard this summer and now I hear September. Any comments?
jrmcdaniel

Post by jrmcdaniel »

It only took about 3 years from the announcement of the EV2 rifle from them until it was actually available. I would not hold my breath (well, I do but only when shooting or playing bassoon).

Best,

Joe
randy8745

Price

Post by randy8745 »

The price and weight where the main appeal of the pistol at the conference. Air Arms were at the time advertising a price of $350, which would have put the price below the TAU7. The weight was light enough to rival the TAU7 but still have a full size pistol. However, besides all the delays on introduction the word on the street is that pistol price is creeping closer to $500. I have tried emailing Air Arms, but all their emails have been bouncing bact for the last three weeks. Unfortunately, Air Arms is not the only gun manufacture to be guilty of introducing a new model late. In fact, it is typical of them to introduce them at the trade shows and ads in magazines two years before the public sees them.
edster99

Still no change ?

Post by edster99 »

Hi all

anybody heard when there might be a release? Not that I am going to buy one, but interested to see something 'new'

cheers

Ed
Guets1

New Pistol

Post by Guets1 »

They are supposed to be arriving sometime in the next couple of months. I'm told that they will be under $500 and are compressed air in the pistol grip.
edster99

Re: New Pistol

Post by edster99 »

Guets1 wrote:They are supposed to be arriving sometime in the next couple of months.
I'll not hold my breath then :)
Lanning R. Hochhauser

Post by Lanning R. Hochhauser »

Any art??
JulianY

Post by JulianY »

not listed on their website !