CM22 RF?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Brian James

CM22 RF?

Post by Brian James »

I'm curious to know if anyone knows the difference between the CM22 and the CM22RF.

I was looking in the Gehmann Catalog and saw the 2 models listed.
Brian
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

The CM22RF I've seen on the pics + some rumours that have been circling say that the grip is different and the trigger is positioned higher up (= steeper grip angle), there's possibly some kind of inertial absorber/compensator, and there may very well be an electronic version (I'm still not sure if there will be a RF-E or if all RF's vill be electronic).
Mellberg

Post by Mellberg »

This thread is all in swedish (it's a swedish forum) but you'll find some pics at least.
http://www.skytteforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10281
jipe

Post by jipe »

I am also interested by this one. Here the pictures:
Left are the grips and trigger from a normal CM22, right from the CM22 RF.

And pictures from a normal one:

As can be seen, the grip and trigger assembly are different. The weight, 805g, seems also educed.

I didn't find information on the Morini website.

Can you explain what is said on the Swedish website about the differences ?
K38

Post by K38 »

Not wanting to be a wet blanket....but how does the CM22 work? It seems like every new .22 on the market has a lot of functioning problems (or am I being over dramatic) I will be happy with my Pardini SP and IZH35 for the moment. Any chance Steyr may get into the semi auto .22 market??

Dwight
johnbraks

Mrini CM22RF

Post by johnbraks »

Does anyone know if the grip is adjustable for rake and does the slide lock back after the last round.
johnbraks

Morini CM22RF

Post by johnbraks »

Does anyone know if the grip is adjustable for rake and does the slide lock back after the last round.
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Grip adjustability perhaps, slide lock certainly not - no manufacturer in his right mind would put a mandatory slide lock into his pistol nowadays.
bummer7

Post by bummer7 »

[quote="Tycho"]Grip adjustability perhaps, slide lock certainly not - no manufacturer in his right mind would put a mandatory slide lock into his pistol nowadays.[/quote]

Tycho,

I have to ask why? Is this a safety issue? Reliability?

TIA,
Steve
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Nope, it's a question of seeing the same movement of the pistol for every shot. During follow-through, or when trying to call a shot, it's quite distracting if the recoil recovery stops in mid-motion because of the slide stop. I think it died a natural death by consensus in the early 90s, when the 208s and the GSP got out of fashion. I'm not sure if it was done in the AW93, but at least my one doesn't stay open (anymore?), and neither does any other serious target pistol I can think of right now.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Tycho wrote:I think it died a natural death by consensus in the early 90s, when the 208s and the GSP got out of fashion.
I had a 1980 vintage GSP without the last shot hold open. I think they had dropped it a few years earlier.

Other than that though, I agree with you. Last shot hold opens are bad news.
jipe

Post by jipe »

David Levene wrote:
Tycho wrote:I think it died a natural death by consensus in the early 90s, when the 208s and the GSP got out of fashion.
I had a 1980 vintage GSP without the last shot hold open. I think they had dropped it a few years earlier.

Other than that though, I agree with you. Last shot hold opens are bad news.
I have used a GSP expert and this one doesn't have the last shot open anymore.

For information, last shot open was invented for police pistol to speed up reload : after the last shot, the shooter can drop the empty magazine, put a new one and close the slider/load the next bullet.

As Tycho explained, such a feature has nothing to do on a sport pistol (excepted IPSC of course).

A video of the CM22 RF shooting:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ydHydSBmek
jipe

Post by jipe »

I found some info concerning the differences between the CM22M and the new CM22RF.

The slider is lighter: 140g instead of 160g Image

The grip is different, the pistol is 4mm lower in the hand.

The trigger assembly is new: new shape, reduced weight, 162g instead of 190g, the hammer is new, its weight is reduced.

The total weight is reduced to 860g instead of 950g for the aluminium version of the CM22M (without additional weight and mounting rail).
johnbraks

slide recoil adjustment

Post by johnbraks »

Nice pictures jipe and very helpful information. Do you know if their is any adjustability in the severity of slide recoil eg return springs or pneumatic pistons with calibrated venting holes.
jipe

Re: slide recoil adjustment

Post by jipe »

johnbraks wrote:Nice pictures jipe and very helpful information. Do you know if their is any adjustability in the severity of slide recoil eg return springs or pneumatic pistons with calibrated venting holes.
There is the possibility to adjust the recoil spring (screw 022017) and an amortizing rubber cylinder (ref 022015):

But, as you can see, it is a quite simple (beautiful ?) design, much simpler than an MG2 or a Walther SSP and even a Tesro TS22-3. Personnally, I like simple designs.
jbshooter

Post by jbshooter »

Can anyone tell me if the grip angle is adjustable or changeable on the CM22?

Mine was adjustable, yes.

Post by 55 »

jbshooter wrote:Can anyone tell me if the grip angle is adjustable or changeable on the CM22?
Yes. An ill-functioning Morini CM22 (very early production) had a screw at the rear of the frame, which could be turned to adjust rake.
dhurt

Post by dhurt »

Jipe, thanks for the exploded view of the CM22. I had functioning trouble with my second hand CM22, but after I removed the rubber buffer at the rear, I am able to have good function. My question, is this rubber buffer soft when new? Mine was hard, like plastic, so I think it was adding increased pressure to the recoil spring. Until your diagram, I speculated that this buffer was added by the previous owner, as Pilkguns didn't know of it existence either. Now I wonder if a new one would be a good idea, though it is functioning now and does not seem to be getting beat up with the power of my ammo. I notice that the new slides are lighter than my old one, maybe the heavier slide of mine can't take any extra power on the recoil spring as mine barely comes back far enough to strip a new cartridge.
Jipe, I am with you about liking simple designs. When I first stripped mine I thought, wow! I can't believe how simple this thing is, and I can't believe no one in US will make such a straight forward design. After I got mine working well, I have loved the thing. Thanks, Dwaine.
Cricman

Post by Cricman »

nt